Or should I just keep getting it fixed. I have a Epi Les Paul special (comes in a starter kit, but mine came sepretly) Its had more then its price in repairs in the 3 or 4 months I've had it. Its been set up twice, each or around 50 bucks, and these are really nice setups, they keep you back in the shop to make sure everything is to your liking. Thats 100 USA, then its had re soldering done atleast twice, which is about 50 apice, so another 100 USA. Then some of the tuning pegs broke, so that was 70 for a heads and 40 for instalation.

So this guitar has cost me 310 USA to maintain. It was 201.26 with tax when I got it.

now the bridge Pup is acting up so I'm wondering, should I keep fixing it or get a more reliable guitar? And ifso which guitar? I was thinking an America Strat. Or some strat varitant.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
well, maybe after you get it all fixed, it will be sweet, but i doubt you will get even half of what you spent on it back by selling it, i would keep it, atleast for now.
Enh.
It's risky either way.
What if you do get another guitar and you have to keep fixing that too?
Personally, I'd just stick with the Epi.
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
get a more reliable guitar duh, cuz even you said, "my gear is all junk" isnt every guitar player out theyre searching for that one perfect guitar and amp that gives them the tone they dream of?? get a new one, like a higher end epi or agile or ibanez or jackson. end of story.
Quote by Which_Guitar
i've started to learn the HALO theme song (the hard one) to kill time!

Quote by timsafatass
Dude, you cant play it because your right handed, you can only play it on a left handed guitar
Why don't you learn to set up and solder yourself, those are really basic things you could've learned to save yourself some major money. If you don't, you're going to spend about that much regardless.
mmmk.
no don't keep wasting money on that thing, unless that thing means allot to you, otherwise learn how to do that stuff yourself, if thats not the case, save some money and trade that in, you could have enough for a epi les pual standerd,
If you have the money to get an American Strat, I say go for it. Unless you like, drop it off a building or run over with a car, you won't hurt it much.
I'd just keep the Epi either way, though. You won't get anything for it, so just keep it around. Use it as a backup if you get another guitar.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
tell me why you would waste all that money on such a mediocre guitar
Quote by Teh_Ben

Cause he probably just spent a few bucks here and a few bucks there and then after a while, he stepped back and said "whoa, I spent alot."
Dude it sounds like the shop your taking it too sucks.I gig with my epi and other than normal wear and tear (string breaks etc...) it's been great.I originaly bought her as a starter but fell in love and instead of replacing her i just put better pickups in.And don't waste your money on an american strat.Just get a mim one if your gonna switch to single coils.Same wood,same specs,same qualifacations to work at both factories.(I ve toured both),Just like cars you will pay extra for the same product.(my honda starts every day)
shut up an play yer guitar
Quote by Teh_Ben
dude, epis are badass!
shut up an play yer guitar
Sounds like you done been had.

You can fit your own machine heads. You can set up yourself.

Aside from the soldering, which you might want a pro to do, you haven't had anything done you couldn't have done yourself.

Do you get the shop to fit new strings for you too?
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
you spend $300 maintaining a hundred dollar guitar??????

epi specials are starters. like said, buy a soldering iron for $10. fix the loose wires urself.
learn how to set up ur own guitar. its not hard.

and stop spending money on it.

go out and buy an intermediate guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by StaggHound
Sounds like you done been had.

You can fit your own machine heads. You can set up yourself.

Aside from the soldering, which you might want a pro to do, you haven't had anything done you couldn't have done yourself.

Do you get the shop to fit new strings for you too?

Naw, I can fit my own strings.

I cannot fit the mechine heads because he don't own a routing tool or drill. And my dads wants to get a soldering iron but my mom won't let him, scared he'll hurt himself.

And I will setup my guitar myself, assoon as I can figure out how the friggen screwes work.. there messed up. I think its a franken...

You can fit your own machine heads. They aren't buried so deep that you need a drill to make the holes for them, and you can always find machine heads that fit the existing templates.

You can set up your own guitar because it's a surprisingly simple process, aside from intoning, and that's really not so much difficult as tedious. Raising/lowering the action is a matter of the bigass flathead screws on either side of the bridge, and the truss rod doesn't really need to be worried about unless you make a big change in string guage.

The only part of a setup that I would farm out to the store would be fret levelling. And I'd shop around to get the best price.

I changed the machine heads on a guitar last night. As long as they fit through the existing spaces in the headstock, there's no problem. You might end up having to screw them in under your own power, but that's just life. And the Epi stock tuners are generic enough to be readily available almost anywhere anyway.

Upgrade to a nice guitar. Like an Epi Les Paul Custom or a Fender Standard Fat Strat.

Always remember. When buying a guitar spend all the $$ you can. You get what you pay for. When your cheap and you hold out you get crap. If your willing to spend an extra buck then it's very worth it.

The difference between an Epiphone Les Paul custom and your epiphone is night and day.
Quote by StaggHound

The only part of a setup that I would farm out to the store would be fret levelling. And I'd shop around to get the best price.

Thats the thing, its the only music store for miles. The cloest other store in a guitar center about a days drive away.

Quote by zekk
Thats the thing, its the only music store for miles. The closest other store in a guitar center about a days drive away.

That doesn't explain why you've needed two setups in the three to four months you've had the guitar, nor why you didn't just buy a set of new machine heads that were similar enough not to require any drilling to install, as opposed to having them installed for you.

It doesn't explain why the shop that gives great setups is so incredibly poor in electronics that you needed to take it back to have them fixed twice in such a short period.

Htye are really taking you for all that they can.

Quote by StaggHound
That doesn't explain why you've needed two setups in the three to four months you've had the guitar, nor why you didn't just buy a set of new machine heads that were similar enough not to require any drilling to install, as opposed to having them installed for you.

It doesn't explain why the shop that gives great setups is so incredibly poor in electronics that you needed to take it back to have them fixed twice in such a short period.

Htye are really taking you for all that they can.

The setups are because of my rough treatment of my guitar, untill I started taking care of it. Then the electronic issues started up, and its never bee nthe same thing. Its always been something diffrent. And they only carry gorvers, and the ones I;ve got now ever lose tune so I'm happy with them.

Then you could have ordered online for them.

Basically what I'm saying is that you have to guage each job whether you really need to have it done professionally, or whether it's within your scope and tools to do it yourself.

And I'm also of the opinion that even if you treat your guitar roughly, over such a short period of time, you shouldn't have any issues so great that they need any professional attention.

Maybe the guitars just ****. I'm not the first owne reither, so maybe it was something the other owner did. But I really have no tools to work with. We have a electric drill that hardly works, a philips head screwdrived, and a swiss army knife.

A phillips head screwdriver is all you need to change machine heads.

Yeah, but you can't do much ele with it. And you sure as hell need more the nthey don't fit.

When they don't fit, you have two options. If it's too large, you need to get a reducing bushing. If it's too small, I'd say go get some sand paper and sand the hole bigger.

Most of all, I'd say be inventive, and invest in some cheap tools that'll let you get the job done.

Learn to do maintenance yourself.
Proud member of The Bass Militia! PM IndieMetalhead to join!

Quote by Fast_Bear
You know your a Bassist when you practice near the ocean, and whales respond.
listen to stagg. Thay are Taking advantage of u.

stop pouring money down the drain. its a starter guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011