Yea I need to know which is the better buy. The Ibanez has longer delay times but from what I've heard the Boss is good too. Plus they say that you can double the track w/ the de7 without having that harmonizing octive laser sounding effect but you might be able to that with the dd3. double the track that is, not mirror the sound, I know all delay pedals do that or at least all the ones Ive heard of, dont know about analog.
Last edited by unchained1978 at Jul 4, 2006,
i have the boss DD3 and it suits me fine to be honest, i mean how often are you going to need a delay of like 30 seconds??
The Ibanez is better than the DD-3 by far IMO but the DD-6 beats a DE-7. But the DE-7 is good for a different reason.

The DE-7 has a nice sound and can switch to the analog "echo" setting which sounds really nice. They also so regular delay as good as the DD-3. The downside is the DE-7 has no tap but neither does the DD-3

I use both a DE-7 and a DD-6 and I always use the "echo" setting on the DE-7 for a analog echo sound (especially Floyd like solo sounds) but use the DD-6 more for true delay sounds since it clear and crisp and as a tap. Love love both and couldn't so without either.

So...my opinion

If you want a cheap "analog" echo- DE-7

if you want a good delay- DD-6 or DD-20

forget the DD-3. Its a nice pedal but the other options are nicer and in my opinion the price hike from a DD-3 to a DD-6 is worth it.
Ibanez Talman (w/ P-90s) & Fender Jaguar (w/Phat Cats)>Tu-2>RAT2>GE7>Phase 90>Volume>RE-20 Space Echo>Behringer A/B box>Vox AC30 CCH>Marshall 1960 cab

http://profile.myspace.com/secondtempo
Last edited by JayJayE at Jul 4, 2006,
But the price hike between a DD-6 and a DD-20 is only 20$, but an immense amount of features are addes; if your going to get one, you might as well go with DD-20.
Is there anywhere you can get a dd20 for 150 or so, dont know if I could afford more than than right now
^Look on eBay, see if you can.

Remember to try all these pedals you've been recommended even if you're gonna' buy on eBay.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Well ive got a DD-3 and it is fine. The DD-6 is good, but i prefer simplicity, so i went the DD-3.
The DD-6 has got good features but is overpriced IMO. The DD-3 is great but get it new from Ebay, it is a ****load cheaper. RRP's are too overpriced in musical stores these days. RRP=Recommended Retail Price to any people who are unaware.
The Ibanez Delay i personally dont like and the DD-20 is overkill.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Try them out and make your personal opinion though. Dont ask which is better, try them and see which one you like the sound of. Dont base it off other's advice. Explore the item you are getting. But personally the DD-3 is the best that ive tried for my requirements, and ive tried heaps of delays, been looking for ages.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
The one delay pedal to rule them all is the Line 6 DL-4. Pony up the $250 to buy it and you won't be sorry.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
^^ The line 6 DL-4 aint bad, but its twice the price of the boss ones which are still prettey good.
You can buy the boss dd3 for $100 off musicians friend, and also buy the DL4 for $250. It has got more features, but for easy of use and reliable long lasting unit I would strongly recomend the boss delays still.
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
I've heard about a lot of reliability issues with the DL-4, but I am yet to experience them and I've had mine for almost 4 months.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
I have the DD3 also. Great pedal, I recommend it.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Yea right now my rig isnt that great and I'm in desperate need of a Marshall DSL 100 but here it is

Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez FL9 Flanger (Original)
MXR Phase 90
Russian Big Muff
Behringer Tube Overdrive (Actually a really good pedal)
Rocktron Zombie Rectified Distortion
Marshall MG15CDR
why the HECK would you need a DD-20. pure overkill unless your U2 or some other delay ***** band
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Thanks though guys and I think I'm gonna go with the Boss DD3 cause I've tried it out and thats all I'd really need for what I write and the only reason I wanted the 2-3 second delay is for determining how the harmonies sound on some parts but that isnt that big of a deal to me. Next I need a chorus and a wah but I have the wah already planned out. Dunlop 535 Q. Suggestions for a 70$ or under chorus would be nice, also if anyones every heard of Blind Guardian or Iron Savior could you tell me what kinda chorus they use? I know they use a lot of harmonies but he does have a very thick chorus. And if theres a way to achieve that Tom Scholz sound without buying a rockman of any kind. I know its alot but oh well.
Are you sure about the chorus? I'm pretty sure I'm hearing wah in most Blind Guardian songs.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
for chorus, you want either a boss CH-1 Super Corus or an Electro Harmonix Small Stone, but personally, the CH-1 is better for you. i have one and love it, beats the crap outta the Small Stone IMO. It can give you a nice subtle double guitar effect, a nice clean chorus, a thick saturated chorus, even vibrato. Hell, anything chorus, it does the job briliantly!
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by Ambulance X
The one delay pedal to rule them all is the Line 6 DL-4. Pony up the $250 to buy it and you won't be sorry.

Lots of features, but I've heard they usually break after a year. Plus the EH Deluxe Memory Man is better sounding, amazingly warm analog delay.
Quote by DunlopGuy
why the HECK would you need a DD-20. pure overkill unless your U2 or some other delay ***** band

The Edge doesn't use very long delay times and he started with just the Memory Man and thats only got 550ms