I baught a Jackson DKMG a few months ago. It has a floyd rose on it but every time i use it my guitar goes out of tune first thing.

What could be the problem? is the locking nut on too tight? I dont have the right whammy bar, its a whammy bar off strat.. and it just hangs there and falls out. It dont screw in or anything. Im thinking that the problem. But you guys are the experts!

I neeed heeelp..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iZ2Gu2cgaks
Is it just me or is that video horrible?

That's an awkward problem, I'd have a pro look at it.
mmmk.
Quote by sithian476
Is it just me or is that video horrible?

That's an awkward problem, I'd have a pro look at it.

i know, it looked ok before i put it on youtube! weird..
Stretch your strings, that seems to be the biggest problem that causes tuning in-stability. It they aren't properly stretched to the tention even bending will throw them out of tune.

Read...

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/stretch.htm
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
  • Marshall MF280 4x12 Cab
  • PRS Custom 24 w/ 3-Way/Coil Tap
  • Ibanez RGT220A w/ EMG 85 Neck/81 Bridge
  • Rack w/ BBE 482i, Hush Super C, and Furman
if you put a heavier gauge string on it that you had before you have to put another spring in the back
it definately has nothing to do with the whammy bar itself, because they all do the same thing, thats just there to push it down, u could do that with ur hand... maby u put the strings on wrong or something, maby u just gota get a new floyd rose lol can u take a picture of it or something
Quote by evh77
it definately has nothing to do with the whammy bar itself, because they all do the same thing, thats just there to push it down, u could do that with ur hand... maby u put the strings on wrong or something, maby u just gota get a new floyd rose lol can u take a picture of it or something

i never put the strings on. some one who really knows what their do put the strings on for me the last time i had it in the shop. not that i cant put on a string im just sayin.
If you or someone else put your strings on.You should adjust your trem. By the screws in the back that connect the trem to the body(where the springs are) . When in tune you will want the top of your trem to be level with the body of your guitar.and a heavier gauge string will require more adjusting. This is a bitch I know but once you have it right, you will want to check the intonation.Once this is done you shouldn't have any problem with any kind of floating trem.......................
Last edited by Der_Teufel at Jul 4, 2006,
I don't think its the whammy bar, it doesn't make any difference, it will still work if you stick a finger inside or if you stick a screwdriver inside and fashion it as a whammy bar (me!)
Is it an Original Floyd Rose, or a Licensed Floyd Rose?
Last edited by wylde_overdrive at Jul 4, 2006,