E minor scale. lol
Or you can use G major.
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
I might be making a noob out of myself, but isn't this progression in G major or B minor?
Why the E minor?
True, it's the first chord, but it also appears in G major or B minor.
And the D major gives you an F sharp.

Sorry for the hassle but can someone please explain why you would use E minor?
E Aeolian I understand, but why E minor?
Don't you still have to stay in the same key, regardless of the chord?
Your help is appreciated.
Quote by MisinformingYou
I might be making a noob out of myself, but isn't this progression in G major or B minor?
Why the E minor?
True, it's the first chord, but it also appears in G major or B minor.
And the D major gives you an F sharp.

Sorry for the hassle but can someone please explain why you would use E minor?
E Aeolian I understand, but why E minor?
Don't you still have to stay in the same key, regardless of the chord?
Your help is appreciated.
E Aeolian is a type of E minor scale.

It wouldn't be B minor because there is no B minor chord there.

It could possibly be G major, but I think the progression resolves to E minor, not G major.
Just wondering, would it be alright to change modes?

Like for this progression going E Aeolian, G Ionian, D Mixolydian, A Dorian?
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." JOHN 3:16 NIV
Quote by God withus

That's what you're actually doing if you play E F# G A B C D over than, though you may be not think about it.

Yes, that is perfectly acceptable.
That's a really open ended question. If you change modes between chords there are a huge number of possibilities. If you're worried about it, stick to E minor.

Quote by God withus

Those are just the modes of E minor..
Quote by crazydiamond73
You, my friend, are a genius.
So it's alright for the most part to use certain modes as long as they're relative to the chords?

So for Em you could use E Aeolian, C# Locrian, C Ionian, etc. ?
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." JOHN 3:16 NIV
Quote by God withus
So it's alright for the most part to use certain modes as long as they're relative to the chords?
Yes, but treating each chord as a new mode (using E Aeolian, then G Phrygian Dominant or something...) is quite hard.

Quote by God withus
So for Em you could use E Aeolian, C# Locrian, C Ionian, etc. ?
That would be E Aeolian, E Dorian, and E Phrygian...yes, those are acceptable scales to use, though you wouldn't think of them as C# Locrian and C Ionian, you would think of them as E Dorian and E Phrygian because you're playing those scales over an E minor chord. You would have to change the mode when you got to the other chords though.
oh alright thanks mate
Yeah, as long as you don't hit any extensions, you don't have to worry about avoid notes, so thinking about each chord as being relative to a mode is just a hassle.
Quote by crazydiamond73
You, my friend, are a genius.