hey guys, im thinking about getting a fender tele, the only thing i dont like about it is its so weak and thin when you crunch it up. if i were to change both pick ups, would that change the guitar sound totally? btw im looking for an ibanez sound, and im tired of thair shapes. i mostrly play rock/ alt/ hard rock. what do you guys think?
You are going to have to be a little for specific on what kind of sound you want. Some bands would be nice. One thing would be single coil humbuckers but I think that would be a drastic change from your current pickups.
Quote by tryhardslash
and plus you like blink 182 which prooves you are dumb and have no taste in music

you just follow trends

What a tard...
well i love nice warm jazzy clean, and i like decent amount of gain sometimes, lets see the clean im looking for waould sound like RAGE, and for distortion something like SYSTEM of a down, APC, MEtallica. i tried out a ibanez sa60 which was very cheap but the sound blew me away, but like i said im really not looking for the ibanez shape and the color was so ugly.
^yep. and are u looking for an HH tele?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It would be the most hysterical thing ever if you managed to fit in a tony Iommi signature bucker at the bridge, and an Angus Young signature at the neck. You could go out on stage in a cowboy hat, a melt everyone's faces off.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
i just changed the pickups on my tele last week for the same reason i put a seymour duncan lil 59 in the bridge and stkt1n in the neck. the 59 screams big time though obviously doesnt keep the classic tele tone and the neck p up has a great output with awsome tele tone though not tinny or micy like the stock pups. id say give it a try but the chances of finding a tele with these pups to try are slim
I changed my tele's pickups to a Dimarzio Virtual in the neck, and a Dimarzio Tonezone in the bridge. It's AWESOME.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1
London City Spitfire II (Modded)
Squire Tele Custom (Modded)

Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Quote by j120strat
souds like you dont really want a tele

actually to me he does as long as its pickguard less, two humbuckers
sounds like you want a gibson style H/H guitar. Get a humbucker single coil pickup, it'll allow you to get some pretty decent soad sounds.
no no, i do like the pickgurad, i love the whoel tele shape and i love the clean sound. im using a B-52 AT100 and a digitech RP200A. im willing to spend 400. LIKEASTONE, how does your tele sound now that you've changed the pickups, can you post a pic too?
i put hotrails and vintage rails in my tele. they are mini humbuckers, so they look just like regular singles except with the two lines across the face...

see it still fits in the bridge plate. the problem is that u sound like u need a full sized humbucker.
so either look at a tele with a humbucker in the neck, or a double humbucker guitar.

otherwise u have to switch the bridge to fit the humbucker later.

single sized humbuckers sound like really hot singles, especailly in a twangy tele.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011