This is a song I just made up. Its got an iron maiden type feel to it at some points. The solo isnt exactly how I play it, I mostly improvise but thats a basic structure of what itll sound like. Tell me what you think.
Attachments:
Shadow of the Light.zip
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Intro is very attention grabby. I like it. Metallica-esque, in my opinion.
Verse is very good. I like it a lot.
Chorus seemed very bland, guitar wise. Though, it didn't sound bad.
I really like that main theme. It's very catchy. Definately Maiden like.
Solo sounded very good. I actually enjoyed it.

Overall, I love it.
Very, very great.
Big thumbs up.

Mind critting mine?
A link to it in my sig.
Spiral Out
yah, the solo standed out a lot, it fit very well, maybe a little repetetive, but in a good way, like i didnt sound repetetive, lol, if that made sense, anyways, great song!

i got some songs in this forum if you would like to crit them, sorry i dont have links, but there all by Schecter86, thanks
Another good song.
The main theme was very catchy and reminded me of Iron Maiden right away. The drums also fit so perfect, simple but perfect. Very upbeat, which I like, and also a really nice solo to along with.

Keep it up.

EDIT: I just put up a new song, can you please crit it?
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
Last edited by chris_122 at Jul 4, 2006,
hey man, sorry it took me so long to get back to you (you left a crit on my funky improv thing) unfortunately i can't unzip the file, my winzip has expired and apparently its not free anymore.. i'll get on later tonight and look up a different freeware unzipper and leave you a crit.. i've got class right now
its all based around one the same chords over and over and over... maybe a break from that? or sumthingg
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
^Shut up.

Hmm, i dont think its metallica style anyway, definitly maiden, and i like it, a lot. Very catchy little riff. Mind if i learn it?
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
I like it, i felt little power influence there too, the harmony section was similar if not the same as the main riff, maybe change that? The ending dissapointed me a bit too.

Overall very good but some what predictable, I'd download it from limewire :P
Member #4 of the Black Tooth Grin Dimebag Memorial Club. Pm Narmi to join.
#112 Member of the "Linkin Park Sucks" club. PM Whstripesrox to join.
Quote by roast
^Shut up.

Hmm, i dont think its metallica style anyway, definitly maiden, and i like it, a lot. Very catchy little riff. Mind if i learn it?

Sure, learn it all u want

Great song. It really flowed well. It reminded me not only of maiden, but in flames too.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Yeh it was good. The solo was good, and the intro I really liked.
The only thing is that it's basically the same chord progression the whole way through, which makes it a bit repetitive. You should mix it up to give it more impact.
well sure without lyrics it sounds repetitive but alot of songs are repetitive if u take out the lyrics.

i liked it a lot... one thing i thought is when the keyboard chimed in during the guitar solo, you could turn down the volume a tad bit because it sounded like the keyboard drowned out the guitar, and i find the guitar far more interesting..but i liked it a lot. it definitely reminded me more of maiden unlike metallica as someone said. crit for crit? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404106
Quote by NovemberRain273
well sure without lyrics it sounds repetitive but alot of songs are repetitive if u take out the lyrics.

Yep, that's the only problem I see with this man.

It's pretty kickass. I really don't see any things that stand out making this weak, I thoroughly enjoyed it. \m/

Check out my song, it's also got quite a Maiden vibe to it.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404455
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
The main riff is very maiden-like as has been mentioned before, i love it! i think it's great when the keyboards come in for that harmony section.

The outro was a bit disappointing after all of that, maybe include a key change?

The verses and choruses were a bit boring but put lyrics over the top with a good vocal melody and this will be great

Check our my song please, i'd appreciate it: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405526
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.