Probably my favourite / most listened to band at the moment.
I love the whole sound of it; the vocals (I'd describe them as "grungy", for want of a better word) combines with the higher pitched backup vocals, kind of darker sounding melodic lines, and some pretty good solos as well.
What made them different from the rest of their scene was that they dressed similar to UK punks but played US punk music.

Here are the only links to songs that I know of:

www.myspace.com/deadboysmusic

www.myspace.com/deadboysforever

www.myspace.com/deadboys69

www.myspace.com/deadboysdead

I'd recomend a song, but their all worth listening to.

Tabs are a pain in the arse to find, but I'm working on them. PM me if you want any, and I'll try to help you out (I only have young, loud and snotty, so I can't do anything for the rest fo their stuff)
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
love them, i hold them as one of my significant influences in the music i make (along with others as you pistols would know). it's music that despite my mercurial taste in music and through any emotion, i can always listen to "All This and More."

a couple months ago i bought a live vinyl by them, supposedly made with "remastered" taped recordings at CBGBs and such. i say "remastered" because it sounds pretty shitty haha...oh well, it's the Dead Boys, so it's all good.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
They're so much better than most of the UK bands. They're one of the few early punk rock bands I like to listen to on a regular basis. The Dicators and the Ramones are some of the others.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
the dead boys are one of my favorite bands ever

american punk has always been better then british punk, even back in 77. both had great bands, but america will always be numbero uno.
dead boys were one of the first punk bands i liked young loud and snotty is still an awsome record i think

Quote by Prince

american punk has always been better then british punk, even back in 77. both had great bands, but america will always be numbero uno.

on a similar note happy fourth of july everyone.
Quote by Prince

Not trying to be a typical American, but I do have to agree, American punk always has been better than British punk. While both were good, American punk always brings more to the table and is a tad less repetitive.
Dead Boys rule. They're one of those bands I can listen to endlessly.

As for American punk, of course it's better. It may have been more widespread in the UK at one point, but very few UK bands had an original sound, the rest were just copying The Ramones and Sham 69. Where as in America, almost every band sounded different.

Plus, think of all the great acts to come out of America. You've got:

The Ramones
The Dead Boys
The Stooges
New York Dolls
The Heartbreakers
Talking Heads
The MC5
Black Flag
The Germs
Adolescents
The Circle Jerks
Minor Threat
Dead Kennedys
The Minutemen
The Descendents
Catholic Boys
Alabam Jihad
Screeching Weasel
The Queers
The Riverdales

I could go on and on. Point is, we win.
They're one of my favorite bands ever. I am wearing the skull shirt right now.

American punk is a lot more diverse sounding, but you can't deny british punk is great as well. American punk to me also seems a lot more wild and sloppy (in a good way)
Last edited by the glue man at Jul 4, 2006,
Stiv Bators is one of my favorite vocalists of all time.

I can listen to Young Loud and Snotty for days.

And i think American punk is musically better, but UK punk has the better lyrics and attitude.
High 'Til I Die
I like Dead Boys a lot. They're one of my favorite old school punk bands.
Quote by pinheadslts75

Catholic Boys
Alabam Jihad
The Queers

hahaha, I'm friends with everybody in those bands.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
hey, lets not all say "of course american punk is better." I for one prefer british punk, I just like the dead boys more than most bands.

anyway, more talk of the dead boys and less of "american punk is better"

Interesting fact: I read a while ago (on good old wiki) that when stiv died his girlfriend snorted his ashes.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
I think the British had better 70's bands, but America had better 80's bands.

80's, America ruled Hardcore with an iron fist.

70's, britain ruled Punk.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
I like 'Sonic Reducer' but that's literally the only song I know. It was sampled in Beastie Boys too which sorta worked.
Quote by pinheadslts75
Try Tower Records.

Do they typically have eclectic stuff?

I don't think they have Tower Records stores around me but I'll look around. I found my copy of The Vodioids "Blank Generation" at a Best Buy of all places, and it was only ten bucks. So ocassionally I come across a gem or two.
I found:

Television
Richard Hell
Black Flag
NEw York Dolls
Stooges
Velvet Underground
Circle Jerks

all at Best Buy. I was impressed.
hearing you guys talking about not haveing good record stores makes me really appreciate mine all they have is punk,metal,hardcore,old oddball rock and blues stuff. anything you want he has it there. very cheap also.