I posted another thread however it was getting so strung out anyway I'll start from fresh. I'm a really big fan of In Flames, Soilwork and those sorta bands. As I tune my guitar down to Drop B/Drop A Was wondering what the best size strings would be for me.

In Flames and Soilwork play heavy riffs HOWEVER they play solo's too quite alot of the time. So atm I'm thinking of either 0.12 or 0.14 straight out, maybe a blend of the two? Any help would be appreiciated thanks. Because I don't want the strings to be too big because of the solo's I play however deep enough to actully play with the low tuning.
Last edited by FlakKer at Jul 4, 2006,
13 - 60 should be good.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
.12-.56 usually worked out good for me, but I stopped tuning that low a long time ago.
if you are gunna be strumming hard get at least 13-60.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
thing is, heh atm I'm running 0.09 and have been doing for some time with the same tunings
^?

I use guage twelve strings in standard. You're gonna want to go thicker if you're tuning down.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
NO!!!!

D'addario .013 Jazz medium Gauge is near perfect (.014s are better, .0145 are the best ) for Drop and you can also go to drop c
Quote by Invictious
NO!!!!

D'addario .013 Jazz medium Gauge is near perfect (.014s are better, .0145 are the best ) for Drop and you can also go to drop c
how much does 0.14 affect being albe ot paly fast solos on the high string??
none at all, you will get used to it fast, because you will get lots of callouses, besides it sounds much more crunchier and fuller.

Don't worry, your fingers might bleed if you don't have any callouses but thick strings kick ass.
Seriously, .014s are your best if you are going for Drop A and don't want any floppiness.