My ad loves building stuff and he loves tube amps and he's got some experince (he built his own stereo) and he wants a nice amp and then we thought, maybe we could build one? So ive actully got an old combo with a ncie 1x10 speaker and volume and tone controls and were gonna use that one as a base. He likes playing classic rock and Chili peppers and he loves the Marshall sound so im thinking about doing an 18 watter (we need and that is enough to play with a band with) and nothing to hard. I checked here:
https://weberspeakerscom.secure.powweb.com/store/kit_r.htm

and thinking about building a copy of their 6m18 tmb kit (not buy one)

EDIT: The AX84's were quite complicated, but Pinky (i f*cking love you man) sent me some great schemes and t seems liek itll be a Fender 5e3 Deluxe head (as a combo) or maybe an 18 watter.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Last edited by Gabel at Jul 4, 2006,
cool. be sure to keep us posted. i love this diy ****.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Hmmm... are you ordering their parts/kit, or are you ordering yourself and just using their schematic/layout? I guess it would work. Check www.schematicheaven.com . They have a lot of amp schematics for you to build.
^Ok, thanks for the link. I found some nice ones on AX84, wich seems nice, my question is just how many watts are the amps there? Im really intersested in the California Man and November ones.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

I say go with the November Plexi one. I would love to build a Plexi, or even have one! You should make the front of the enclosure out of plexiglass! That would make it awsome. You can listen to the sound clips on there if you didnt know. I dont know about the wattage. It says the Plexi is a harder build though (experienced) and the Fender is a little easier (intermediate). Good luck.
Well it said taht the November were 18 watts, wich is enough. How much is the Fender? My dad has never built an amp, but he's an old hifi expert and has built a stereo and modded his old SS amp.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

If you feel like it you could attempt a JTM45 (aka Marshall BluesBreaker.....which is a almost complete rip off of a Fender Bassman of that era)
^Yes, but i think an 18 watter will be easier and easier to get overdrive on.

Does anybody know how many watts the California Dreamer is?

Links:
http://www.ax84.com/dp.php?pg=projects&project=november
http://www.ax84.com/dp.php?pg=projects&project=california
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Well we might build one, and unless someody here runs into really easy schematics its something we'll do later.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

I'd say if you guys are Marshall junkies you might as well build an 18 watter. www.18watt.com is basically THE place to be for all that crap. They've got a few versions, such as with or without vibrato, and also a 36 watt version.

I built a Fender 5e3 type amp, which is an old Fender amp from the 50's. Sounds really nice, and it was simple. Sounds fantastic cranked.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
I'd say if you guys are Marshall junkies you might as well build an 18 watter. www.18watt.com is basically THE place to be for all that crap. They've got a few versions, such as with or without vibrato, and also a 36 watt version.

I built a Fender 5e3 type amp, which is an old Fender amp from the 50's. Sounds really nice, and it was simple. Sounds fantastic cranked.

Can you send me a schematic? Was it hard to build. My dad said that it might be, since they are ponit to point wich is easy and it will be cheaper then buying a new amp.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
Can you send me a schematic? Was it hard to build. My dad said that it might be, since they are ponit to point wich is easy and it will be cheaper then buying a new amp.

prettymuch all of these are point to point
^Yes, wihc is good, he first thought like, **** its gonna be hard and then its gonna cost so its better to just buy an amp, then he saw a layout (with the point to point wiring and was like, thats not to hard).
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

in any case, the most expensive things are probaly in power and output transformers, which ascend in price rather quickly as you go to amps with more watts.
^Me to. Looks like ill be building something like Pinky's (expect i won't be buying a kit) a Fender 5e3 copy and he's very kind and helping me.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

what happens when a jewish man runs into a wall with an erection?

he breaks his nose
we all do
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by Gabel
^

Seriously, can we swap?

My dad + a gerbil cage to keep him in for your dad.

My dad's old, bald, fat and plays Brazillian samba drums.

How can you pass that up, eh?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
^Nah, my dads drives a race boat, has the mind of a teenager, plays guiatr, organ, drums and bass.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Well soon it will happen. Weve foudn a schematic which is an 18 watt lite, which were gonna build!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band