yea I'm in the market for a new amp.

I'm only going to be using this in the house by myself and maby some jamming with friends so I really don't need much. My limit is $150.

I was looking at mf.com and saw this product
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-25R-Frontman-Series-II-Guitar-Combo?sku=480669

it's up there on the best selling list

I'm selling a Roland micro cube in red to get this so I can't go any higher than 150

Main reason for selling the cube?
I'm going to FX pedals and staying away from the knobs that force you to stop playing to switch FX on and off.
I'm guessing that you play metal and in all honesty I would just keep the cube, or try to get a 30 watt cube. The cube are more or less your best bet for a non-tube metal amp.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
^^Seconded

You could also check out the Vox DA-5. It is Vox's take on the Micro Cube. It is better for non metal stuff. The Cube's have better high gain tones though.
The Frontman 25r is a downgrade on the Micro Cube. If you can get a Vox AD15VT, it would be a good amp.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by nic_2090
The Frontman 25r is a downgrade on the Micro Cube. If you can get a Vox AD15VT, it would be a good amp.

ill look into the Vox AD15VT

i have heard the micro cube sounds much better than the cube 30 so ill either save up some money or stick with the cube so i can play on road trips

btw, im not really into staying with the whole built in FX thing....a plain amp is fine with me as im using pedals now
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 4, 2006,
Unforetunately, most of the good amps in that price range are modelling/FX amps. I have a Fender Frontman 25r, and it isn't that great. It doesn't take pedals too well, and the distortion is very fake sounding, tinny, and thin. I still think that the Vox AD15VT is the best amp available in such a small price range.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
You would still be with modeling pretty much. you could pickup a Epiphone Valve Special or whichever one costs $300. It is an class a, all tube amp that is 15 watts. It won't do metal though. Other than that maybe the Cube 30 or the Vox AD30VT.
my cousin whos into guitar allot says i should look into the Marshall MG series amps.

im thinking the Microstack but maby something else

so forgetting price this time, whats a good Marshall MG amp thats about 30W?
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 4, 2006,
Marshall MG's suck. The only good Marshalls are the all tube ones. They are way out of the price range.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Please don't get one! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! They are not good amps at all Micro Cube >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any MG end of story. Why do you want to get ride of the micro cube so bad man? It's a great amp and if you don't like the built in FX just get pedals to go on top of the cube.
ok so ill stay away from the Marshall.

ill do some more runs with the cube on pedals, but im not really happy with the end result most of the time.

I still am a roland fan though, great drum gear from them.
More or less if you're not happy with the cube, you won't be happy with anything other than a solid state to tube upgrade. The cube is one of the better solid state amps on the market so unless you can get enough money for maybe a ValBee or some other small watt tube amp I would just stick with the cube.