could someone please tell me the difference between an "Original Floyd Rose Tremelo System" and a "Licensed Floyd Rose Tremelo System" please?
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
errr Originals are built by Floyd Rose while the licenced are models that have borowed the patent for the bridge and have modded the bridge and are made by a separate company
are licensed floyd roses any good? 'cause im considering buying a Schecter Omen 6 FR Extreme
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
depends there are many good LFR but the one on the omen 6 i presume would be alright with a good set up
im_atheist, I actually have that same guitar you mentioned (The Schecter). The Floyd Rose is pretty good, but it went slightly out of tune when I did big whammy dives. That was because the action needed to be tweaked slightly, so I brought it in to a shop and they replaced the strings with a heavier gauge and lowered the action, and it never went out of tune. I must warn you, seeing as you like A7X, and some of their songs are in drop D, I wouldn't recommend putting the guitar in drop D, because I did that, and now whenever I do whammy dives, the strings all go slightly flat. Sure, I can just push the whammy bar backwards and that'll get it back into tune, but it is a bit of a hassle.
Well if you realy like the guitar then there is always the option of getting the guitar and replacing the floyd rose. If you do this then i'd suggest an Original Floyd Rose or an Ibanez Edge Pro ( or Low Edge Pro). If you get the Ibanez tremelo system then make sure it's Edge Pro and NOT Edge Pro II or III !
Quote by codybcool
Stagg's are the kind of brand that you see selling on eBay from a 0 feedback Chinese man for 99p and no one buys them.

www.hotguitarist.com
Quote by ooba_farz
Well if you realy like the guitar then there is always the option of getting the guitar and replacing the floyd rose. If you do this then i'd suggest an Original Floyd Rose or an Ibanez Edge Pro ( or Low Edge Pro). If you get the Ibanez tremelo system then make sure it's Edge Pro and NOT Edge Pro II or III !

yep as long as the studs permit the swapping of the trems and the route is good enough to fit the trem
LFR's will rarely last a long time. In fact, most of the time it's 6months - year max. You might get lucky though I guess. But dont buy it if you intend on changing tunings, as I know you do often. Much more hassle than you need.

P.S Mind if I pick that Gentlemen ticket up later on today?
Quote by Zakk_Wylde001
LFR's will rarely last a long time. In fact, most of the time it's 6months - year max. You might get lucky though I guess. But dont buy it if you intend on changing tunings, as I know you do often. Much more hassle than you need.

P.S Mind if I pick that Gentlemen ticket up later on today?

yeh but some LFR's are ****ing killer for example Schaller, high end Gotoh, Edge Pro, Lo-Pro Edge, Kahler, ZR Trem
If you change tunings you might have to change the springs in the FR trem to get it to float properly.
if i was to buy a 350DX, or something along the lines of that guitar, could i BUY a OFR?...or Edge Pro or Lo Pro Edge?...can i get it ordered from a dealer that deals with Ibanez?...because i cant order off the net.

EDIT: and just simpley be able to put it in the spot of the old Edge III that will crap out?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

if you're gonna do drop d, go with the ZR trems on Ibanez's S series guitars. They're great guitars, very thin and comfortable. The best part about the ZR is that it has a backstop built in, so you can do drop D without the rest of the strings going out of tune. In fact, if you break the 3rd string on a ZR with the backstop, it doesnt go out of tune. It also has ball bearings instead of knife edges meaning it has much smoother movement and you dont need to file the knife edges when they get dull. The only problem with it is the arm holder, which is like the one found on OFR's. I personally dont like those very much, i'd take my edge pro's pop in arm over it any day.
Originally posted by priest.fan.
yeah, I suffered deep emotional scars when I learned that easter was in fact about jesus, and not a giant bunny sneaking into peoples houses uninvited
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
if i was to buy a 350DX, or something along the lines of that guitar, could i BUY a OFR?...or Edge Pro or Lo Pro Edge?...can i get it ordered from a dealer that deals with Ibanez?...because i cant order off the net.

EDIT: and just simpley be able to put it in the spot of the old Edge III that will crap out?

in short no, and you can buy ibanez trems from ibanez rules (and no im not going to put the link up, your just going to have to search for it) but ordering from a dealer i dont think you can
The EP II and III are not hot swapable as far as I know. If you do a little routing, its possible, but you'll **** up your finish and probably just **** up downright. Hey, if you're good you can get a rg1570 for 600 if you talked them down at a music store.
yeah, I suffered deep emotional scars when I learned that easter was in fact about jesus, and not a giant bunny sneaking into peoples houses uninvited
The Edge III can be swapped straight with an OFR using the old Edge III studs, and the cavity also support the Lo-Pro Edge, only that you have to widen the posts and file the front part a bit.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
AND you have to move the locations of the posts or else your intonation is royally ****ed up. the scale length changes if you change those trems. Theres a thread on jemsite about it.
actually the guy didnt say anything about intonation problem (jemsite.com) and it works quite well too. unless im missing something...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic