Just sat down for a few hours pondering some riffs... The whole song originated from the chorus riff at about 1:15. My only goal writing songs at the moment is to blow the listener's mind away

New song is "Life's Edge" near the bottom - http://juzcook.dmusic.com/

Crit whatever you can... mix, tone, tightness ... don't worry about drums yet.

Thanks in advance.

If you like this song, check out Extinction too

EDIT: Just for reference, what genre of metal do you think would be classified as?
Last edited by juzcook at Jul 5, 2006,
good things: solid, awesome riffage. blows me away.
bad things: you live in australia

goos, tight ****.
Hey!
I m listening to your song now, great sound quality
the riffs are really nice
and the solo was awesome
Did you use a program for the drums ?
Which ?

im necrolusts cousin, and we are recording our songs together, and we need to find the best drum program
So far I like it a lot. At first I thought the tone was too mid-less and had too much bass. But it cuts through the mix really well. I would amplify the lead riff in the beginning a little bit more though.
great quality.
the tone is just over-used since its probably coming from your pod

the 1:15 chorus part you're talking about is slightly off time with the drums.
just my 2 cents.
Very cool song man , in the beggining it sounds awesomely heavy , the riffs are very good , very catchy heavy metal , headbanging music , thats what I tried to do as well but i dunno if it worked ..
in 1:10 mark it reminds me the renegade song from hammerfall but overall very good job ! well done !
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Last edited by Necrolust at Jul 4, 2006,
Thanks so far, keep it up everyone!
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
good things: solid, awesome riffage. blows me away.
bad things: you live in australia

goos, tight ****.

Haha, I wanna revive Australia's metal scene... since Aus is lacking... it's not that there aren't the bands, it's just that they don't get heard, even if they've released 3 albums through a major label

Quote by AleX2006
Did you use a program for the drums ?
Which ?

Yep, when I make a new song I usually create my own drum track to what I eha rin my head, after I've recorded all the guitars. I use an apple prorgam called Garageband to do all my recording as well as drum tracks and symphony stuff, since it can make the instruments sound a lot more "real". My drummer will add his own drums later on though

Keep em comin
ommmmmmmmmmmmg sexy man, dude that chorus would have kicked so much ass, but you are off time, ugh, fix it, this song pwns!!
I liked it cool riffs, but at 1:15 it seemed to speed up a little, don't know if you ment it to or not, but overall good.
Awesome as always . Whats your eq on the PoD??? It sounds amazing

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (jb/jazz)
Peavey Studio Pro 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Monster Cables
Line 6 PODXT Live
Quote by COBTRI
Awesome as always . Whats your eq on the PoD??? It sounds amazing

hehe thanks alot man! the actual amp settings are as follows:

AMP: Treadplate Dual
CAB: 4x12 Brit V30's
MIC: 421 Dynamic

the rest is all my personal preference to alter the tone

keep an eye out for other songs soon
this song bloody rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool solo and stuff, I could only dream of being with a band like that... little off at the the 1:15 part though, but still rules!

oh yeah, add vocals right now or else... ...
bananabananabanana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta *pie*

Quote by Bmm386
I think they should make a GTA paris in like 1795.
Your only goal is to feed your family and keep your horse alive.

Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD
it hit the twin towers, not the pentagon, idiot
thats really good i would record more heavy stuff but it gets really fuzzy when i try keep up the good work