I'm thinking of dipping my toes into the world of guitar building...so I searched for a couple kit builds. Has anyone tried these? If so, how much equipment do you need to successfully complete one?

I think I'm going to start on a ukelele...little smaller, and the kit is cheaper I mess up or lack the talent to complete it.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Kits/Ukulele_Kits/1/Ukulele_Kit/Instructions/I-5347.html#details

Thats the kit right there. Any other suggestions for a place to get kits like that?

Thanks!

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
That looks like fun. If I had the equipment I would make it all by my self instead of a kit. But since I finished school already (woodworks) I don't have the material or tools. I would like to try making my own ukulele or mandolin.

I'll have to think about this.. They do ship overseas but I'm not sure about the payment since I don't have a credit card, just a Visa Electron and it doesn't work with paypal.
Stewmac makes good kits for people that don't have a lot of tools. You will need to have a router, lot's of clamps, some plywood to make jigs with, a drill, about 50 clothes pins and a bunch of sandpaper. If you don't have any of the tools you will probably end up spending $300 or more on tools. If you have a router and a drill you will be down to about $150 for tool.

You are also going to need to buy some finishing supplies and depending on the finish you want they could be as cheep as $5 or as much as $100
Not taking any online orders.