Hi everyone. Im looking to get a new guitar before i go to uni. I want to get an old vintage second hand guitar for as cheap as possible (around £50-£150). At the minute i play a squire strat through a marshall amp, but i am looking for something more original sounding. I would like a powerfully sounding guitar across between jack whites airline and tony Iommies gibson SG, so like a heavy blues sounding guitar. I dont really know anything about guitars appart from how to play them, so any help on brand names or something would be much appretiated. I have been told that these brands are good:
Silvertone
Vox guitar
Teisco
Danelectro

Does anyone know any other brands that are good? Does anyone on here play a vintage guitar and recommends or doesnt recommend getting one?
might need a few more ££££ .... quality = ££
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Quote by ##_Guitar-newb
might need a few more ££££ .... quality = ££

yeah i know, if i had the money i just buy an airline, but i dont so i have to get a cheaper one.
you might want to look at old kay guitars too
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
i'd personally recommend saving up abit more mate and getting the sg youn were on about, iv;'e got an epi one of them and it sounds great, but if you really want a vintage guitar for that price look on e-bay and try and find a cheap one or buy a danelectro u-2, there ok.
man you arent gonna get a good vintage for that cheap... save up your money
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Telecaster
Boss TU-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss OD-2
Boss TR-2
Boss RV-3 (best pedal ever!)
Boss BF-3
Line 6 DL4
Peavy Delta Blues 2x10
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Blues Junior
ur tone mostly comes from ur amp. if its a marshal MG, ur not going to be happy with ur sound.

buy a humbucker for the bridge of ur squier.
and buy a vox amp wt effects.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Play them cheap vintage guitars, see what you think.

But remember, vintage doesn't always mean good.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30