I'm just wondering where I am guitar wise. I've been playing just a year now.

I suppose I can't really show you how "good" I am, but I can make a good attempt at these songs:

Sweet Child Of Mine, Surfing With The ALien, Love Thing, Midnight, Day At The Beach....plus numerous Metallica Songs.
I can also play Viking Kong...minus insane solos.

I can finger tap and do all harmonics. Though my alt picking is not too good.

Does anyone know where Joe Satriani and other great guitar masters were after a year of playing guitar? Have they ever said how good they were then?
hmm about 1.5/79594...mgh575749 . What does that mean? about as much crap as you just posted. We cant say anything about your progress if cant hear you play. E.g Your timing might suck, bends might be turd etc.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
dont get hung up on where u should be after an amount of time...

only you know where u are, what your downfalls are and where u need to improve...

so just practice your weak areas
playing guitar isnt a race, man
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
why do you people always ask this question? theres like 10 of these a day and there all in different forums.... they should make a new forum called "DO I SUCK?" and even then there would probably be a thread called "how good am i" in the electric forum.....
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Just keep practicing. Don't worry about how good you are.
Quote by tryhardslash
and plus you like blink 182 which prooves you are dumb and have no taste in music

you just follow trends

What a tard...
Okay okay okay. Leave the boy alone. I know i am probably getting annoying coming in here with my peace keeping. But back at the tabworld i was a war freak. That didnt do me any good. Now...

As they said we dont know about your timing or speed or anything. These are some questions you might want to ask yourself:

Do i play the songs right?

Is my timing good?

How is my smoothness, and flowing of the notes and chords?

Do I really know what they are doing or am i just playing it somewhat?

What do I not know about guitar and all of that?

Well the main thing to keep in mind is. Practice alot, dont rush, absolutely no guitar player was amazing at first. Its all in practice, time, routine all of that. Yngwie malmsteen wasnt good at first (when he very first started when he was a kid), or any other guitarist. Have fun with it dont rush and say I GOTTA MAKE A BAND! GOTTA GO BIG! That takes the fun out of it. Just relax man.