Metallica
Vader
Sepultura
Deicide
Mayhem
In Flames
Soilwork
Children of Bodom

those are all my opinion though. Post away I guess.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
a7x should call it quits... i mean theyve already enjoyed fake sucess for being a fad...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
I would say Metallica and In Flames but at this point I dont even consider them to be metal.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Quote by latinosuperstud
a7x should call it quits... i mean theyve already enjoyed fake sucess for being a fad...

Even though I agree with you, I said metal bands.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal

dragonforce
iron maiden
metallica
children of bodom
slayer
a7x bullet for my valentine atreyu megadeth trivium killswitch engage incubus korn slipknot and black sabbath
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Replace Vader and Deicide with Slayer

I was going to say something of that nature as well. (New Deicide is gonna be sick)
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Quote by nopoleon779467
dragonforce
iron maiden
metallica
children of bodom
slayer
a7x bullet for my valentine atreyu megadeth trivium killswitch engage incubus korn slipknot and black sabbath

DRAGONFORCE? WTF? They've only released 3 albums!

I agree with Metallica and CoB, and a few others, but not Maiden or In Flames. Maiden, because the new output is still great, even though they are old. And In Flames, because even though they will never reach what they once were, they are still heading in the right direction again.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Metallica and Sabbath.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Quote by Inahrima
Sabbath are still alive?!?!

I'l say metallica, maiden, slayer, megadeth. And maybe even anthrax a decade after this.

F**k Metallica and Slayer. Maiden and Megadeth will never call it a day
Member#2 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club.
PM Revelations to join

Member of the Mortal Kombat Klub
PM Rhinosaur Bones or Mackdaddy to join
whoever is saying maiden should go die in hell. even though they arent making the type of music they once used to, ther are still doing well.
please excuse any typos or grammatical errors in the above post.

My Last.fm
Megadeth. I mean, people bug on Guns and roses for not being them anymore, but what about megadeth? replacing a member is ok, replacing/changing till its basically mustaine and guests is a bit meh...

And CoB aren't THAT old. but to a degree i agree with slayer, but i'd like to hear the new stuff first.

Metallica i want to put out a GOOD album before they stop- ending on something like st Anger would be a horrible way to finish.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Quote by Dead.Alone
If CoB were to end, I'm pretty sure we would all want to see what Alexi Laiho would be doing after, am I right?

And as for bands that should end, I say Megadeth.

No, not really. A lot of people wouldn't really give a shit about him if CoB ended.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal

Are you mad about Deicide and 'Maiden packing it in?? They'll never die!
Originally posted by Novaworld
Smiddys right...
priest, megadeth, metallica, soilwork, and slayer...i've heard their new EP and it was complete s***, it's like they can't go anywhere but backwards, it starts to sound stagnant
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Quote by kirkisking
Metallica
Vader
Sepultura
Deicide
Mayhem
In Flames
Soilwork
Children of Bodom

those are all my opinion though. Post away I guess.

children od bodom's alixi laiho just got his sig guitar, he wont quit
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Mainly Metallica, I used to be such a fanboy, they were the first band I truly loved, but the more I got into their old stuff and the more I heard their recent material and recent live shows the more I couldn't stand the shell of a band they have become. Megadeth I want to see with the classic lineup again for atleast one more album. I really don't think many bands should call it quits because most release consistently decent material, I just expect Metallica more than others and the downside to them is there is no decent albums, only great albums and turds.
Megadeth should never quit. It doesn't really matter because Dave Mustaine is megadeth. I wouldn't mind it Marty friedman deciding to do another album with them, but I'm happy with what they are putting out. The system has failed was a million times better than St anger.

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Metallica
Slayer after their touring for the new album
Judas Priest
Anthrax
Read my post. Not this.
soilwork although they have been decreasing in goodness, its not at a hopeless level like metallica or slayer
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
well Dragonforce is really running out of ideas
THE TREND IS OVER
YOU WON'T NEED THAT ANYMORE
ITS ON SALE AT THE FUCKING DOLLAR STORE
Quote by reed
well Dragonforce is really running out of ideas

Dragonforce ran out of ideas halfway through the writing of their first song.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Haha, what makes you say that? I mean just because they play stuff fast doesn't mean thats all they do. On the first two albums, you could play me a random riff off a random song and I could tell you what song it is. Can't do that on the new album though.

My guess is you're just bitter because Herman Li can play better than you ever hope to lol. Thats what most Dragonforce hate boils down to.
THE TREND IS OVER
YOU WON'T NEED THAT ANYMORE
ITS ON SALE AT THE FUCKING DOLLAR STORE
Quote by Neon Knight
Dragonforce ran out of ideas halfway through the writing of their first song.

*Sigh*

It doesn't look like they are gonna stop doing the whole 'playing a million miles an hour thing' (judging by Herman Li's interview on the homepage). Maybe they should take everybodies advice and slow the f*ck down.

Arch Enemy
Dimmu Borgir
The Haunted

And many more I cant remember.....
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Why the hell Vader? They just put out a decent EP and there's another cd coming on the way. Here's the mp3 they posted online of the upcoming 1:

http://www.massive-music.pl/multimedia/vader-warlords.mp3
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Quote by monkey of doom
*Sigh*

It doesn't look like they are gonna stop doing the whole 'playing a million miles an hour thing' (judging by Herman Li's interview on the homepage). Maybe they should take everybodies advice and slow the f*ck down.

right but then everyone would be like " oh noes Dragonforce iz Selling Outz!"

I dont like dragonforce anyway

Exodus s another hwo should call it a day
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
i agree with arch enemy.

i also think ihshan should call it quits. i'm really not a fan of either prometheus or his solo stuff. also satyricon. WHY THE HELL DID THEY SIGN TO ROADRUNNER? AHHHH (old news, but still)

HAPPY BURTDAY MURRIKA!!
Quote by SorrowIsMe
Why the hell Vader? They just put out a decent EP and there's another cd coming on the way. Here's the mp3 they posted online of the upcoming 1:

http://www.massive-music.pl/multimedia/vader-warlords.mp3

Ooh, that's pretty cool. I'd like to hear the rest of the album. I just bought Art of War yesterday from a distro.

As for the bands that should call it quits, definitely Metallica. Other than them, I don't really care, but Metallica just needs to die off already.
Metallica - after St Anger they have every reason to quit

I cant really think of any other bands that should quit
Booyah

Sinforsale....I guess you were right. I was wrong.
Last edited by nonickname at Jul 6, 2006,
Page 1 of 5