Let me start by saying that Im a very picky guy when it comes to choosing guitars. I want everything to be perfect. About three months ago I bought an Ibanez RG( Cant remember the model. It was around 800 USD) It has a locking trem. I liked the guitar. Great sound. Great feel. Coil tap. Everything that I wanted, or so I thought. The locking trem proved to be a pain in the ass. I know how to use and reset them and do all that stuff. I still help out my friend who is obsessed with shred and has a 2000 Ibanez with a Floyd Rose. Heres the thing. I love Les Pauls, Stratocasters, and PRS guitars. I am saving up the money to get a Gibson Les Paul Standard. I love the feel and the sound but the thing is I feel WAY more comfotable using a guitar with a Locking Trem. Its lighter and the neck is smaller yet I wont buy it because of the locking trem. Whats wrong with me? Anyone been in this situation before? What should I do? Any one has a guitar that they could recommend me that would solve my problems? I play blues, rock, classic rock, hard rock, metal( Metallica, Sabbath, Maiden, Ozzy. Stuff like that) funk, some shred and a tiny bit of jazz. 2500 USD and down por favor.

Thanks in advanced
Quote by OneloveSkater
Therapy?

whats with all these ****ing idiots walking in these forums acting like they own the place?

anyway... im confused. you say the floyd rose's are pains in the ass, but then you say that you wont buy the les paul because it doesnt have a floyd rose......
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
Quote by Ostin
whats with all these ****ing idiots walking in these forums acting like they own the place?

anyway... im confused. you say the floyd rose's are pains in the ass, but then you say that you wont buy the les paul because it doesnt have a floyd rose......

no. what im saying is that i like the les pauls but i feel more comfotable playing a guitar such as an ibanez or a jackson(who usually have floyds)
well if u like the gutiar light and fast neck and good quality and everything but without the locking tremo you could go for a Schecter they make great guitars and dont have the locking tremo. Check them out some of their guitars are farily large bodied like a les paul andthen there are some smaller bodied ones like the RG

Just throwing it out there
basically you want the tone and richness of a rythmy gibson style guitar whilst wanting the lightness and speed of a esp / jackson / ibanez like guitar. Have you tried lookin at the ESP LTD eclipse (EC50,300,400,1000)? that might be what you're looking for. it doesn't have a floyd as far as i know (there might be one with one) but it does have that shred guitar kinda feel that you might feel your missing from a les paul that you had in an ibanez.
how about SZs and RGAs?
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Quote by twistedsister
no. what im saying is that i like the les pauls but i feel more comfotable playing a guitar such as an ibanez or a jackson(who usually have floyds)

ooh ok... i see what your sayin....

i thikn the only solution to this problem is to choose which kind of guitar you want more...... will the floyd guitars have beter performance than the les pauls? will the les paul have a better sound than the guitars with floyds?
you just gotta choose the better overall guitar. that, or you CAN just choose the les paul becaue you just simply like them. (if you cringe every time you look at your guitar, than your not gonna satisfied.)
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
BTW incase you didn't know ESP LTD Eclipse is a Les Paul knock off, like looks exactly the same, but it's a pretty damn good quality gtar.
Quote by suicidalmoose
BTW incase you didn't know ESP LTD Eclipse is a Les Paul knock off, like looks exactly the same, but it's a pretty damn good quality gtar.

i dont know about you but in reality the lower horn is alot shorter compared to a real gibson
Quote by twistedsister
Let me start by saying that Im a very picky guy when it comes to choosing guitars. I want everything to be perfect. About three months ago I bought an Ibanez RG( Cant remember the model. It was around 800 USD) It has a locking trem. I liked the guitar. Great sound. Great feel. Coil tap. Everything that I wanted, or so I thought. The locking trem proved to be a pain in the ass. I know how to use and reset them and do all that stuff. I still help out my friend who is obsessed with shred and has a 2000 Ibanez with a Floyd Rose. Heres the thing. I love Les Pauls, Stratocasters, and PRS guitars. I am saving up the money to get a Gibson Les Paul Standard. I love the feel and the sound but the thing is I feel WAY more comfotable using a guitar with a Locking Trem. Its lighter and the neck is smaller yet I wont buy it because of the locking trem. Whats wrong with me? Anyone been in this situation before? What should I do? Any one has a guitar that they could recommend me that would solve my problems? I play blues, rock, classic rock, hard rock, metal( Metallica, Sabbath, Maiden, Ozzy. Stuff like that) funk, some shred and a tiny bit of jazz. 2500 USD and down por favor.

Thanks in advanced

Sounds like you just haven't discovered the guitar for you. Keep looking. Some others you could try that have trems are Jackson, ESP, Schecter, Washburn, Dean, Charvel and BC Rich.

If I had to guess i'd say Charvel sounds like what you want.
Quote by twistedsister

i think you can get a great jackson or ibanez without a trem for that money...
I think what he's trying to say is that he likes Les Pauls, but he also likes having a trem.

Ie: Les Paul with a Floyd Rose.
i thought he said he likes the feel of lightweight metal gutiars but wants a more classic PRS/Gibson look.
and it's pointed more sharply at the end, and they only have 3 knobs. cause gibson will sue you for copying them too closely. I've played a real (non ltd) one once and it was really nice. of course, it cost really nice, but it sounded very good. they do come default w/EMG's though, idk if you want them.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
^^i think he doesn't want trem, and likes the speed, lightness of a jackson/ibanez...
if not, then i'm confused...
edit: to sn^ke
Quote by twistedsister

What I got from that was that he likes LP's, but feels comfortable using Floyds.

You've got it backwards I believe.
Quote by twistedsister
I feel WAY more comfotable using a guitar with a Locking Trem. Its lighter and the neck is smaller yet I wont buy it because of the locking trem.

he hates locking trems, likes les pauls, likes the feel of metal guitars.
Ah my bad. In that case it's not hard to find a stringthrough Jackson or Ibanez.
true that, ESP LTD's once again most of them have Gibson tunomatic string through stuff, i'm a fanboy cause i have a F-2005 . Very much depends on your price range! Ibanez and Jackson> LTD for 0 - $500 but $500 - 1000 i become a LTD fanboy.
buy an edwards les paul from katana guitars on ebay.
ma gear

"it's too hard man, don't even try"
-jason becker

"get those flabby fingers in shape"
-rusty cooley
Quote by Ostin

:looksatjoindate:

JUST MAKE A CUSTOM GUITAR! That's what I'm probably doing. You can just put whatever you want in... even though it'll be expensive, you won't need a new one...it'll be perfect.
Quote by Gopher636
http://www.rondomusic.net/al2500blkfloydrose.html

there ya go, its cheap enough you can buy a new OFR and switch.

if it fits.

Quote by suicidalmoose
ESP LTD EC1000 Gothic

vs

Gibson LP Studio Gothic

theres no such thing as an LTD EC1000 Gothic

Quote by Sn^ke
ESP>Gibson.

you sir speak the truth

Quote by NirvanaFan101
JUST MAKE A CUSTOM GUITAR! That's what I'm probably doing. You can just put whatever you want in... even though it'll be expensive, you won't need a new one...it'll be perfect.

yeh from a template maybe but without one its not that easy. especially if he would want a set neck. and seriously building one would cost more than a new guitar.