Hi everyone
that's my first post so i'd like to say "hallo" for everyone.

I'm thinking about new guitar for hard/heavy. It must have fast fretboard and tremolo. I've done first selection and on the battlefield are now two guitars. What do you think would be better choice: Ibanez RG 320 or Jackson JS 30?
Beware of the liscenced floyd roses on the cheaper guitars, they have a tendancy to not stay in tune very well. Hardtails are the better things in that pricerange (the Ibanez RG321, the Jackson you mentioned also comes in a hardtail version).

the first guitar with a decent floyd rose type trem overall is the Ibanez S470, followed by the RG1570 (you can get a used RG570 for not too much, just make sure whatever you get from Ibanez it has an Edge, Edge-pro or Lo-Pro Edge).
The Schecter C1 Hellraiser is also good.
I love the Jackson, personally. Didn't play an RG320 though, so can't compare.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Beware of the liscenced floyd roses on the cheaper guitars, they have a tendancy to not stay in tune very well. Hardtails are the better things in that pricerange (the Ibanez RG321, the Jackson you mentioned also comes in a hardtail version).

the first guitar with a decent floyd rose type trem overall is the Ibanez S470, followed by the RG1570 (you can get a used RG570 for not too much, just make sure whatever you get from Ibanez it has an Edge, Edge-pro or Lo-Pro Edge).

Maybe I'm just lucky but after I set my JS30 with the licensed trem on it up and stretched the strings, I haven't had any problems with tuning at all. In fact, the last time I've tuned it up was about five days ago, and it's still perfectly in tune. Granted, I don't use the whammy VERY much (I do use it but more often than not it's fairly 'slight', and I use ultra light strings, so that might help too), but either way it's been keeping the tune better than my hardtail Kelly.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
i have about 500 USD for guitar

and i search for good amp too. Line 6 II 112 will be good. What do you think about this amp?
i think its a total piece of crap. should look at the roland cube range for more metal and the vox valvetronix for more rock sounds
ALOT better than the spider IMHO dude.
[Ibanez SZ320MH
BOSS SD-1, BOSS CE-5, BOSS CS-3, Crybaby Wah
Laney LC30

Quote by WantToLearn
i was biking with my guitar and it fell in a puddle of mud, i was like OH MAN and i whent home immediately and put it in a bucket of water
dont worry about watts. and look at the peavey XXX or traynors or fenders but they usually need a pedal to boost it
eh..im my teacher uses a Blue Voodoo and told me to try it out.. its 800 which compared to musicians friend is just, well, you get the point
Go get your shovel.
If you could do $660, Definetly get an ESP LTD MH-400. I just got mine, and for the money, It is BY FAR the best metal guitar. It has Active EMG 81/85 pickups, a set-thru neck (neck through profile, set neck construciton) , a solid mahogany body, has a transparent dark blue over quilted maple finish, and a schaller liscenced floyd rose. My schaller stays in perfect tune. You can adjust the strings very low on it, too. The neck is not nearly as thick as people say it is. It is probobly right between a strat and an Ibanez wizard in thickness (perfect to me).
Avoid any ltd's under the 400 series, though, as they are made of agathis wood (sh!t wood). Anything 400 series and up is about as good as it gets bang-for-the-buck wise.
Quote by hessian101
Avoid any ltd's under the 400 series, though, as they are made of agathis wood (sh!t wood). Anything 400 series and up is about as good as it gets bang-for-the-buck wise.

some of their older 300 series are great aswell but pretty hard to find
there was a jackson with EMGs and a real floyd rose on ebay like a week ago, so im pretty sure you can get a good deal there
most jacksons have a trem thats a direct replacement with an ofr so if your going to buy a jackson and the trem gives out, you can just easily replace it
xcxcdsdcdcddc
Quote by kupacowglowe
Hi everyone
that's my first post so i'd like to say "hallo" for dcd everyone.

I'm thinking about new guitar for hard/heavy. It must have fast fretboard and tremolo. I've done first selection and on the battlefield are now two guitars. What do you think would be better choice: Ibanez RG 320 or Jackson JS 30?
Quote by IbanezvsJackson
xcxcdsdcdcddc

*reported*

The vox would be good, but i suggest you get a hardtail such as a ibanez rg321.
I think jackson and Ibanez are about the same both for hardcore rock or metalcore. If you want a fying v then go with the Jacksons cuz the there best guitars other wise there about the same your choice i like both of them and i play metal
Quote by devilmaycrykid
who makes better qualitly high end guitars jackson or ibanez?

It's really all about tastes. Most models have different bridges, pickup config, neck profiles, woods, hardware and the like. I'd take a hardtail Jackson over a hardtail Ibanez, but if I needed a trem, I'd go with Ibanez. In general, I'd personally take a high end Jackson over a high end Ibanez.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
TO me jacksons and ibanezes play exactly the same. I like the sound of a jackson a little better. And the look of the body and head

Id go with jackson
Esp Ltd Viper 400
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
Peavey 5150 II
Randall Jag Cab
Mesa Boogie Oversized Cab
Maxon OD808
Boss Pedals
The Jackson for the win. Try a JS30 RR, they're great
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Stop posting people, can't you see this thread is 18 months old?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?