Ok here's my dilemna, lately my guitar has been coming out of tune more and more often, it will sit for a day or play for a few minutes and my G & B strings will be out of tune. I use Ernie Ball .10's, and this set last me about a month, and this is also my first set of .10s, and my first experience with Ernie Balls. But there is also another problem I have a First Act strat copy with a whammy bar bridge. Sometimes when I tune my guitar my bridge gets pulled up and makes the strings a 1/4" off of the fretboard at the higher frets. So I guess what I'm asking, What should I do to fix these problems? Should I change the strings at closer intervals, switch brands or gauges?

Thanks in advance
Well strings need to be replaced often. For example i ran out of $$ completely and couldnt buy strings for like 4 months. they didnt break but they got messed up and were not playing right

Ernie Ball is an excellent brand. Dont bother switching brands.

Im not too sure about the technical stuff, but most of the time its just that the strings need to be changed cause they get old and stretched. Change em ever 3-4 weeks/month.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Don't switch brands. Ernie ball is better than every other brand of string ever. they last long, sound great, and dont break when you are playing. Are you sure you're stringing them right? You need to wind it around the post thing around 4 times.
VAN HALEN - March 13 at the Izod

Quote by xchiefx
What kind of idiot mows the street
Your problem is you have a first act guitar. Lol.
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
just change em. get skinny top heavy bottom EB. they are the best. or if you downtune a lot, get the Beefy Ernie Balls.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
to fix your problem with the floating bridge, take the shield off hte back of the guitar, and tighten the large screws a couple times to bring the bridge closer to the body.