I dont know if this is the correct forum to post this question in, (sorry im new here), but i am considering getting some straplocks for my ibanez rg42dx. Im just wondering since most people say the screw that comes with the strap lock is to small, how would i get them on? Would i have to use wood glue or something? Or that matchstick trick?
get a Dimarzio strap lock set because they are the best
Fear my squirrelly wrath!

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
Quote by mad-axe-man
get a Dimarzio strap lock set because they are the best

Do you want to start a fan club? That would be the coolest **** ever.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Actually, get those Jim Dunlop Strap-Loks. Easy to install, work like magic, cheap as dirt.

Those circle things where you just put them over the strap buttons, twist it and work
I guess no one here knows how to properly install strap locks or even just plain replacement buttons. First of all i reccomend the dunlop straplocks.

1. Unscrew current strap buttons
2. Stick a toothpick in the pre-existing hole as far as it will go in.
3. Break the end of the toothpick off so the remaining part of the toothpick is inside the hole and flush with the body of the guitar.
4. Apply some wood glue in the hole with the toothpick already in the hole.
5. Take an old candle or an un-used bar of soap, and with the new screw you got with the sraplocks wipe some candle wax, or soap on and around it. (When installing the new screw this prevents any of the surrounding wood from cracking/breaking).
6. Screw the new button on with a screw driver NOT A DRILL. A drill could cause the screw to go too deep and possibly strip out the hole.
7. With a soft cloth, wipe any excess wax/soap and wood glue.
8. Let dry for 24 hours. (You can still play your guitar during that time, just don't use a strap. Sit down.)
ESP EC-100QM(Upgraded)
Gibson Flying V
Ibanez S470DXQM
SKB Rack
:BBE 428 Sonic Maximizer
:Tsunami 31 Band EQ
:Yamaha 150watt Power Amp
Line 6 POD XT Live w/ms model pack.
Crate GT412 Cab
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
EMG 81, 85
Monster Cables
I have schallers, and don't know how I lived with out them! Makes taking the strap on and off your guitar much easier too!

Should they not fit snuggly after removing the old buttons (as mine did, the old buttons made the holes too big from coming in and out), all you have to do is just full it with some smaller pieces of wood, some wood glue for extra reinforcement, and screw in! Works like a charm, and has never budged a bit!
Quote by grrrrrant
I guess no one here knows how to properly install strap locks or even just plain replacement buttons. First of all i reccomend the dunlop straplocks.

1. Unscrew current strap buttons
2. Stick a toothpick in the pre-existing hole as far as it will go in.
3. Break the end of the toothpick off so the remaining part of the toothpick is inside the hole and flush with the body of the guitar.
4. Apply some wood glue in the hole with the toothpick already in the hole.
5. Take an old candle or an un-used bar of soap, and with the new screw you got with the sraplocks wipe some candle wax, or soap on and around it. (When installing the new screw this prevents any of the surrounding wood from cracking/breaking).
6. Screw the new button on with a screw driver NOT A DRILL. A drill could cause the screw to go too deep and possibly strip out the hole.
7. With a soft cloth, wipe any excess wax/soap and wood glue.
8. Let dry for 24 hours. (You can still play your guitar during that time, just don't use a strap. Sit down.)

cant i just throw a toothpick or two in there, use some wood glue fod some extra support and screw the straplocks in?
Quote by pigeonkicker
cant i just throw a toothpick or two in there, use some wood glue fod some extra support and screw the straplocks in?

Yup, this is just a stronger way of doing it.
actually when the toothpick un compresses your in more **** of getting the hole plugged. and +1 on schaller even though there expensive they well worth it