ive heard great things about this product but does it just do the job of a whammy bar? also if any of u have one please tell me if its worth the £160+ price tag

It's wild. Have you ever heard the "Like a stone" solo by Audioslave? Or any solo by Rage Against the Machine? Tom Morello is a master of the whammy pedal. There is a feature similar to using your whammy bar on the guitar. It's no where near the sound you'll get from the pedal though. You really have to know how and when to use the thing though. I rarely use mine and paid an arm and an ass for it! It's all good though. Does that answer your questions?
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Yeah, just pitch shift all the way an octave or 2 down with the expression pedal.

The thing can do a ton of things:
emulating whammy bar type divebombs
pitch shifting
harmonizing
probably some other stuff in there too
the best Whammy pedal song Imho is Joe Satriani's "searching" its animal! but, a real whammy bar would do the job alot better in terms of ease of use, but its can dive on rise far further, quicker, more stable yada yada . . . and wont put your guitar out of tune!
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
a quick note, notice how guitar players such as Satch, Vai and Dimebag have FR bars aswell as the whammy pedal.

just something to keep in mind
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Quote by Zeds.Ded
the best Whammy pedal song Imho is Joe Satriani's "searching" its animal!

I agree with the above statement
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Fun to have and experiment with? Yes

Worth the money....not at all IMO...you can live without it....invest in more important parts of your rig first.

Not if you're in a hip-hop band like I am. My guitarist has one which he loves, for the same reason Morello does; it makes him sound less like a guitar and more like a...well, we don't know, but its cool.
I've gotta go with Ibanez on this one. Get the Whammy pedal once you have all the other pedals you want and have some money to blow.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
it does the job of a whammy bar, but u need to learn to use it properly just like a whammy bar. Heres my recount: Bought it, hated it, learnt to use it, love it. Do some research and make the guitar shop match the price though.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Check if you can find the Whammy 2 or whatever it's called on Ebay. I believe it's what Tom Morello uses and it's got all the features of the modern Whammy and a Wah feature... I think?
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Quote by MastaBassist10
^No, Tom uses a Vox wah.

isn't it a Dunlop? something about him preferring the sweep...

anyway...isn't there something about the older Digitech Whammys being better than the reissue?
Quote by Neon Knight
a quick note, notice how guitar players such as Satch, Vai and Dimebag have FR bars aswell as the whammy pedal.

just something to keep in mind

But, at the same time, Jonny Greenwood from Radiohead does a lot of work with the Whammy and uses a fixed bridge Tele most of the time. So, one really isn't indicative of the other. Anyway...

I have a Whammy. It'll take a lot of thought/practice with it to work it into your music, but the thing does so much... Detune (a chorus-type effect, drops your tuning a half step), shift up one or two octaves, shift town one, two, or three octaves, and then harmonizing in any interval you can think of. I don't really use it that much (hardly ever), but I've kind of shied away from effects over the years.
Hi, I'm Peter
I bought it on a whim and used it all the time at first. Then eventually I never, and I mean never used the thing. It cost frikkin 200 bucks too. I traded it in and got $100 for it.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by seljer
isn't it a Dunlop? something about him preferring the sweep...

anyway...isn't there something about the older Digitech Whammys being better than the reissue?

I don't know, he uses one of the two wahs.

And isn't the old everything better than the new one? By the way, what does the MIDI port do in the new Whammy? I know what MIDI is, but I can't figure out how it works on a Whammy.
Morello has always used a Crybaby, he has it outside of his effects loop. You can tell its a crybaby, it dont sound anything like a Vox. But i know its definitely a crybaby he uses. And no, there is no wah effect on any of them. Theres whammy, harmonizing and detune.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM