Does anyone know John Frusciante's pedal setup for Don't Forget Me (either live or recorded)?
Also, is there any way to obtain a CE-1 w/o spending 1000+ to get it?
Quote by HeartInACage

Also, is there any way to obtain a CE-1 w/o spending 1000+ to get it?

Why not get a CE-5? It can probably do all the CE-1 can and more. Why else would they upgrade?
Yes, the CE-1 is an amazing chorus, and although it can be replicated through the CE-20, the real deal is always better.
John uses his wah for the verses, just rested in a position, with his Line 6 DL4 on, and then he uses the Muff and wah right forward for the chorus.

Don't forget he uses the neck pickup for the whole song.

And you can "obtain" a CE-1 from someone's house with an open window or a shop....
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
John uses his wah for the verses, just rested in a position, with his Line 6 DL4 on, and then he uses the Muff and wah right forward for the chorus.

Don't forget he uses the neck pickup for the whole song.

And you can "obtain" a CE-1 from someone's house with an open window or a shop....

Hahaha thanks man, I knew R_H_C_P would come through in the clutch.

And for those wondering, I checked google, and although i found out what his pedal board is, it says nothing of whats for Dont Forget Me.
^Haha, any thread about John and I'm all over it.

Yea you can never actually find out what he uses for a song unless you listen really closely or see him use the pedals *cough*SLANE*cough*
Don't be afraid to care"

Slane is by far one of the best music dvds ive ever seen, although unless you got a quick trigger finger, its tough to figure out.
Yea, 'tis indeed at times, it's quite easy to look for what pickup position John uses though, there's always shots of his guitars, but figuring out what pedals he's using is hard unless you've got a good ear for it all.

And it is the best music DVD ever, hell, it's the best thing ever.
Don't be afraid to care"

^Same, I don't bother with the wah really for that song.
Don't be afraid to care"

what part of don't forget me?
i'd guess the cheapest way is just to put your amp into overdrive. i did and the song sounded fine. but the pedals would make it sound a lot better. especially that one part.
btw. don't forget me. the best song in by the way.
and in slane i don't think there was any close ups on johns pedals. i saw him step on them and thats all.
holy crap man thanks. guitargeeks ain't got nothing on this.
soooooo...
can anyone name them? all i identify are those 2 boss distortions i think. or three? the one on the left is too fat though.

oh hmm. just checked it. musta forgot about that little end bit john did. i guess it's a delay or phase or something.

he used a wah on some part of the song. forgot which. atleast it looked like he was using one.
Last edited by dr.doctor at Jul 4, 2006,