I have a Peavey Studio Pro 112. At the back there are 2 jacks that I dont know what they do, they are labeled as effects and it says "Return" and "Send". What do they do?
They're for the effects loop.

You connect your effects you want in the loop into them jacks.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
What effects? Like pedals or something special? Pedals just connect with eachother. They dont go in the back?
some pedals sound better through the effects loop. delays and suchlike.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by sashki
you can connect your pedals through this loop. That way, the sound of the pedals can be mixed with the sound of the amp. It's good for stuff like chorus and flanger.

it comes in after the EQ of the amp

Quote by metaldud536

For some pedals you need to have a jack in the input for it to turn on, how about would you do this? Would my stupid piece of crap PB&J Danelectro work if I put it in (because you need a jack in the input for it to work)?
Quote by hourglass666
For some pedals you need to have a jack in the input for it to turn on, how about would you do this? Would my stupid piece of crap PB&J Danelectro work if I put it in (because you need a jack in the input for it to work)?
How else would it work....telepathy?
How exactly would you hook it up? Just a cable in the output and in the (which one send or return) one. But it needs a cable in the input to turn on
Effects loop send- Pedal input- Pedal output- Effects loop return.

And what's this about the cable to turn it on? Put the cable in the pedal, use the switch to turn the pedal on...?

And telepathy might work....
Don't be afraid to care"

Put a cable in the input then, that's what we've been telling you to do
Don't be afraid to care"

cable from FX send > pedal > cable to Return

simple eh?

Quote by metaldud536

^ No. So your telling me that I just put the cable from the input into the send then the cable from the output into return?
Yes. Simple logic. Out from the amp, in to the pedal. Out from the pedal, in to the amp. So Send --> Input --> Output --> Return. Either that, or just use the jacks as small mail slots.
Hi, I'm Peter
Set up the pedals you want to put in the effects loop like you would, and then run a cable from the Send on the amp to the input on the pedals, and then take a cable from the output on the pedals and plug that into the return. The guitar DOES NOT get plugged into the pedals. You plug the guitar into the amp under the normal input.