So now i have come to the conclusion my ibanez gsr-200 just dosent cut the cheese anymore.I have had it for a year now and it starting to show its a starter bass.

So I was In my local guitar shop i seen it almost a 3 months back and took no notice as i thought it was a guitar.

I asked for a go on a american Precision and the neck was huge for my pinkies plus it only had two sounds.

I then saw it the jaguar bass and asked to play on it.It was so called new the bridge was worn as well as the strings.The neck was nice and thin it played so nice.The sound was great i got so many diffrent sounds and a very similar sound to the p-bass.Active passive.didnt slap on it though i was been watched with eagle eyes(plus i might do the bridge in)but in the shop it was £700 but i can buy brand new for £579

I then tried a similar price range jazz which was nice but just didnt match to the jaguar plus jazz basses look sexy as do p-bass but the jag in red v.sexy

I play muse,RCHP,RATM,Black sabbath and so on
But i struggle to find someone with one are they any good after a long period of time
Are they any good?
Well the gutiars are awesome, but ive only seen the bases a couple of times and only heard em being played by somone who was skilled once. They're good but if u want something thats top of the range for around the same price (probably less actually) get a Stingray it's a music man model, they really are awesome bases, flea uses them and many of others bassists do too great tone and feel, not sure how big their necks are but can't hurt to go toa store and try one out.
i have yet to hear a bad thing about the Jag bass. i have played them a couple of times at my local music shop, and i love them. it has a Jazz bass feel and the sound options are infinite. i own and play a Highway 1 Jazz bass that i am very happy with but i will someday own a Jag. the are too sexy! Talkbass.com has several reviews on the Jag, all good.
Yer i only hear good things but the problem is there a fortune in europe plus i had the chance to get one 2nd hand but they guy had beaten the life out of it was beyond repair.
Plus once youve fallen in love with something its hard to let go
I looked fo a review on the jag couldnt find one could you plaese send me in the right direction.Thanks ahead
at TB i used the search feature for Fender Jaguar Bass, this is just 1 of 60 results
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238263&highlight=Fender+Jaguar+Bass
good luck!
Bass Player reviewed it a while back. One of the things I remember they said was wrong with it is the tonal range and versitility. Since there are switches instead of knobs, you are limited as far as tone goes. But from the reviews I have read here, on TalkBass, and on websites like Harmony Central and Musiciansfriend, its a great instrument. If you can find a vintage one, I would grab that in a second.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Jaguar basses are pretty nice and I love my friends one but theres too many switches/knobs for my liking, useful if you know what your doing but I'd stick to a Jazz Bass which I'm getting when I can afford to
My only issue with them is that those kinds of switches wear out so fast. Otherwise, I love it, the body looks so much better as a bass.
They're awesome IMO. However, make sure you're fine with the pickups, since wiring in some new ones won't be easy (with all the switches, it's a nightmare).
Quote by MusicManFan
Well the gutiars are awesome, but ive only seen the bases a couple of times and only heard em being played by somone who was skilled once. They're good but if u want something thats top of the range for around the same price (probably less actually) get a Stingray it's a music man model, they really are awesome bases, flea uses them and many of others bassists do too great tone and feel, not sure how big their necks are but can't hurt to go toa store and try one out.

Uhh stringrays arent less than £579...

EDIT: If you've tried the jaguar and like it, I'd say go for it. I played one and loved it. The switches and things can take some getting used to but they can benefit more than hinder once you are in the know.
Le Sraah
wow, sarah in the bass forum
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I have seen a 'Musicman, ernie ball S.U.B', its the same as a stingray in design, and only £675. I noticed it because of the scrath plate, very nice, but i would have to see how a plain black one looks (i love the plain black stingray, YUM!!)

There is a review here on UG
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->