Ok i just tried a BD-2, in line with my TS-9 and it sonded sweet!!!

Still cant get a decent overdrive, its either toooo much gain or its buzzy, not smooth... ive tried multiple settings on both pedals, any help here from owners?? settings or maybe a suggestion on a pedal that will do what im asking? Oh and i know this sounds so Cliche but the tone Kenny Wayne Shepherd has on Shotgun blues is what im after...

I was also looking into a fuschs amp, or some other boutique amp that will offer the tone im looking for...
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
I've got a Blues Driver, and to get a nice tone, turn the tone halfway-ish, or wherever matches your amp's tone, and then gain to about a quarter, and level a bit higher than the amp's normal volume, and use your neck pickup.
Ooo yea.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Thanks I really like it but its so close but not quite there for what i want,
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Could you explain a bit more what sound you're looking for (I'm gonna' download that song in a sec), just give a few general words what you want it to sound like.

Edit: Wow, that's an amazing song, great tone too, maybe turn the gain up on the Blues Driver, but it might not get that really thick sound, it'll get close-ish maybe though, only one way to find out! And use the bridge pickup.
Don't be afraid to care"

Last edited by R_H_C_P at Jul 4, 2006,
Ok i can get a heavy tight sound outa my Carvin amp, but i also love a rocking blues, SRV tone

A Super overdriven nnot distorted but overdriven amp with that Creamy, Smooth sustain for months that i can add to for a heavy rock sound... thats as good as i can explain..

A few people who have this and songs its showed..

SRV...anytime
John Mayer Trio, Solo on; wait untill tomorow
Angus young, solo on; shook me all night long
Mail Goes here.

it sounds alot like SRV's tone, but more gain. (talking bout Shotgun Blues)
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Hmm, my suggestion will be to run the Blues Driver mid-gain and mid tone, and use the Tubescreamer as a boost (gain low, volume high) if you've not tried this already.
Don't be afraid to care"

Exactly, how do i get that with my current rig, or is it not possible...

Carvin X-100B Fullstack
My dads Fender Delux Reverb

Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer w/ MOD from Voodoo Amps
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver

SG faded Special
Epi Flying V 58 Re-issue
Mail Goes here.

Use the Deluxe Reverb with one of the guitars (you choose) and use the settings I said for the BD and TS, see if it works, change the settings around aswell, and the pedals too.

Just play around for a while, see what happens.

And you could either use your amp's clean, or use some light overdrive and then the pedals.
Don't be afraid to care"

usually a BD-2 can be harsh like a fuzz pedal if the level or tone is turned up until modded. i would use the tube screamer as the overdrive and the BD as a booster. try that maybe....
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Pk im on my way to try it now, i also have a few tone lok pedals from ibanez i dont use... a cf-7 chorus flanger and a smash box... if those would do anything to achive the soud... lemme know but i doubt it..
Mail Goes here.

Have Robert Keeley mod your blues driver.

If you are looking for a really smooth overdrive, the Alberta Overdrive from T-Rex is very nice.
Quote by ChickenStu
Have Robert Keeley mod your blues driver.

If you are looking for a really smooth overdrive, the Alberta Overdrive from T-Rex is very nice.

yeah that's what i did, now this pedal is the bomb
Quote by yorkshireterror
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Try playing with the volume and tone controls on your guitar (lower them). See if that helps.
Ok keely does all the mods? were do i send it and what pedal do i get nodded the TS-9 or the BD-2
Mail Goes here.

Quote by SGKIDD
Ok keely does all the mods? were do i send it and what pedal do i get nodded the TS-9 or the BD-2

www.robertkeeley.com

he can mod both. he's based out of oklahoma. i have a modded BD-2 by him and it's great, but that means i can't comment on the tubescreamer
Quote by yorkshireterror

i <3 breakdowns
What changes to the sound are made?
Mail Goes here.

CLICK MY LINK AND THEN CLICK THE TS-9 MOD

simple

but he basically puts the highest quality parts in the TS and i think buts a different unit for OD in it and all of this makes it sound smooth, yet crisp. hard to explain
Quote by yorkshireterror

i <3 breakdowns
ok im thinking about a ts 808 modded pedal but whats good about the other ones, any suggestions on an overdrive better suited to get a SRV tone or a KWS tone?
Mail Goes here.

SRV himself used TS808's, so they'll get close.
Don't be afraid to care"

But would a keely modded ts9 with the 808 plus mod be the right idea or a stock 808 re-issue, or a maxon??? im really getting fed up with od pedals.....

But i love that tone soooo much....damn tone....

anyhow id like to stick with ibanez but if the maxon is a better alt. then ill go that direction but if the keely is better...id go there , same with the stock 808..
Mail Goes here.

ok look.... robert keeley take a TS-9, mods it to TS808 specs, then makes those specs better.... i you saying your buying 2?

i'm confused
Quote by yorkshireterror

i <3 breakdowns
yes, but im buying one... i already have one ts-9 thats modded by voodoo amps, i want another ts-9 and i havea bd-2... im playing clean channel only and using od pedals for gain, unless im doing something heavy or modern then i switch amps and use the carvin...
Mail Goes here.

Aren't the 2 overdrives enough? I've got 2 and I can get loads of sounds with the 2, you might be overdoing it with another, but if you want another, go for it.
Don't be afraid to care"

i guess, im gonna end up giving my ts-9 to my dad, and buying a keeley...
Mail Goes here.