so lately i have realized I need more clapton blues in my musical library... so i am here calling upon my fellow bluesmen to help me out.

and basically the clapton i am looking for is his early stuff, late 60s british invasion. "clapton is god." stuff. Cream or no cream anything is helpful man. Thanks alot.

playdoh
well this is a bit later but i like his unplugged album
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
How can you have forgotten John Mayall's Bluesbreakers w/ Eric Clapton? Hideaway and Steppin' Out are two of the best blues instrumentals of all time.
Quote by guitarhero?
How can you have forgotten John Mayall's Bluesbreakers w/ Eric Clapton? Hideaway and Steppin' Out are two of the best blues instrumentals of all time.

hideaway wasn't clapton originally though... look up the people that influenced clapton, you'll learn so much more about his style and why he was so influential

Robert johnson, freddie king, chuck berry, ellmore james, the band, etc...
White room is my favorite clapton song. Have you ever loved a woman off Layla is great. You should check out the Yardbirds.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
Spoonful, White Room, Crossroads. Oh and LAYLA OMGZZZZ SICKKK SONGZZ SWEET!

Yeah, just kidding about Layla. Not that i hate the song, its just so overated and overplayed. For most kids thats the only Clapton song they know.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
The Yardbirds was the best band God was ever in, but they were at their best with Beck.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Like someone else said, The Bluesbreakers album with Clapton is great.

And why only look for "early" Clapton blues? From the Cradle is his best pure blues album ever, in my opinion. And it's from the early 90's if I recall correctly. Also, his album with BB King from 2000 is pretty damn good. Clapton just keeps gettin better with time..
The Bluesbreakers (the beano album) Is a good one for early blues stuff.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Yeah if you are looking for specific songs all your love is a great one... A lot of people to do covers do claptons version
yeah both "hideaway" and "steppin out" are covers but they are brilliantly done also the unplugged album has some fantastic blues tunes
Try "Mean Old World" with Duane Allman and Clapton. It's acoustic, so it might not be what you're looking for, but I like it.