I live in Europe and I just ask myself how does it come that there is more metal, harcore, metalcore in America and so little in Europe. You guys have developed a big history of metal and stuf. Yeah you say hardcore comes from punk from England but all the great bands (metal/hardcore) are coming from America. I'm not for pro America but I have just noticed the diffrence. Here in Europe it is mostly techno gigs and stuf. Sometimes there are hardcore gigs but not so often, but the scene grows.
And what I also find remarkable is the fact that all hardcore stuf, the ideas of how to play it comes from America. I mean like we hear here Madball and then there are a couple of bands starting to play that kind of stuf.
I don't know but i think it is because of the great history of music, like the origin of blues and jazz and then rock&roll and stuf and then they tried something diffrent. Man I just don't know how it comes.

(sorry for my bad English and I know this thread shouldn't be there)
I think it's mostly because you live in Belgium. Europe has a fantastic metal scene. Hardcore, not as much.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Europe has been probably a bigger metal producer over the years. Hardcore has been more of an American thing - at least the bigger bands - but the UK, Italy and France (in particular) have quite a lot going on.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Hardcore around Europe is huge, you just have to look for it. I mean my band toured with an old skool hardcore band from Belgium (Think It Through, if you haven't checked them out, do). It's just a lot harder to find on the continent, I mean Germany has a massive hardcore scene as does the Netherlands.

Just keep on the look out and see if you can find message boards for your local area.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
there is plenty of metal there. i would love to live in Europe. they have so many good metal bands and all we have is bland hardcore/metalcore bands touring constantly. and if we do have metal bands, they never tour anyway. so quit complaining.
You'd be extremely suprised...^^

Finland/Sweden have a rather big metal scene. For rock/hardcore/metal/everything else in general - it's all German.

In Britain - there are a number of good bands - but never have made it (big) big, due to the smaller markets we have.

Ohh, Dai, I wouldn't consider Germany to have the biggest hardcore scene - but they do have some great bands in genres linked off hardcore. (as we all know)