Ok, I'm going to buy a stack but have never bought one before and I don't like the ones I've seen so I was wondering if these will work together? The ampeg cabinet is pretty much the same specs that was offered in the GK half stack.

Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II Bass Head Features:

* Extremely high-current power supply
* High-current power amp circuitry
* 480W to woofer
* 50W to horn
* Electronic crossover for seamless 2-way sound
* 4 bass-specific bands of active EQ
* 5/4 string voicing filters
* Ultra low-noise input section >90dB S/N
* Clip LED
* 10dB pad
* Mute switch with LED

Output Section:
* Boost
* Tweeter Level with Hi-Cut Switch
* Woofer Level with Crossover Switch

Direct Out:
* XLR
* Ground lift
* Pre/Post Switch
* Level control
* Patching: Send, return, and tuner out
* 2 - 1/4" and 2 biamp connectors
* 2-year warranty

Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II Bass Head Specifications:

* POWER <1% THD
* LF 480W @ 4 ohm; 320W @ 8 ohm, 1 kHz
* HF 50W @ 8 ohm, 5kHz
* 17-1/2"W x 3-1/2"H x 8"D
* 16-1/2 lbs.

Ampeg SVT-410HE Bass Enclosure

4 - 10" speakers with 2" coils and 30-oz. magnets. Enhanced by a 1" horn. The cab handles 400W RMS and 800W program. 24"W x 25"H x 16"D. 91 lbs.
Well, i don't knopw much about the Head, bu ti own that bass cabinet and i love it, i have it matched up with a Ampeg head and it sounds killer, greats lows and you can adjust the tweeter output, very nice cabinet very rugged too
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
No nothing about the cab, but the head rocks ! So with your two answers, i say take your arse to the shops ! You cant go wrong with the GK RB Series...
that set up should work, however, i don't think the crossover will work. that was probably designed to use with a GK cab with a high, and low, input jacks.
Thanks for the input, looks like I have some shopping around to do. I play in a band with the loudest drummer I know and a guitarist who has a 1000w marshall cranked almost all of the time. The 450w amp I have now works ok but it's a combo and I'm looking for something more upgradeable. Ampeg and GK just seem like good ways to go. The only thing about GK is I hear that speakers tend to blow more often that's why I was trying to hook it up with an ampeg cab. Thanks again.