What would happened if I cut an F-Hole into an acoustics

Or A Hole in a solid body squier Tele
a f hole in an acoustic would probably crack the guitar in the middle or something

a hole in a electric=VEEEEEEERY bad!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by backtothe70s
a f hole in an acoustic would probably crack the guitar in the middle or something

a hole in a electric=VEEEEEEERY bad!

Yes, because we all know that the Ibanez Jem guitars are ugly, bad sounding and an absolute nightmare to play...

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Jul 4, 2006,
God damn Jems are sexy. That would be sweet to have a F-hole in a solidbody. It would probably weigh a pound or two less.
There is a difference between "Hole" and a "handgrab-hole-kinda-thing" that vai got
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
an F hole in a solidbody would do absolutely shit all

and a handle is not the same thing bonsai
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
look at the customs thread. theres a guy who put an f hole on his solid body. looks nice.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Yes, because we all know that the Ibanez Jem guitars are ugly, bad sounding and an absolute nightmare to play...

And we also all know that they all have an F hole.

(Though they are pretty damn ugly, and the necks are too thin IMO. Gross to play, you feel like you're gonna crack the thing. They also don't sound really that unusually great either.)

And putting an F hole in an acoustic could REALLY mess it up I think.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
And we also all know that they all have an F hole.

(Though they are pretty damn ugly, and the necks are too thin IMO. Gross to play, you feel like you're gonna crack the thing. They also don't sound really that unusually great either.)

And putting an F hole in an acoustic could REALLY mess it up I think.

works on a hollowbody electric though, though those are about the electric sound, not the acoustic sound
hollow body's completely different though. i wouldn't kow but i'm having a picture of someone cutting an f-hole on an acoustic and the acoustic acts up like styrofoam (spellcheck)
a hole in a achostic would afect the way the top eresonates and could potentialy **** up the sound. in a solid body apart from a barley noticable loss of sustain it makes sod all difference just look at thin line tele's

The Thinline Tele isn't a solid body with an F-hole, it's a chambered semi-hollow with an F-hole.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by backtothe70s
There is a difference between "Hole" and a "handgrab-hole-kinda-thing" that vai got

Well spotted! But it's mostly the size and the position of the hole that will affect your guitars sustain, not as much the shape. For instance: Justin Hawkins from The Darkness recently had Ibanez built him a custom RG with a lightning bolt shaped hole trough the body.

On the other hand, if you're just doing it for looks, you would be better of by painting them on the body, like the Ibanez PGM models:
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Jul 5, 2006,
The f-hole on a solid body would look awkward. Since you'd essentially have the hole going THROUGH the body, and not just the top. Also since it's solid body, I couldn't see it serving any real purpose.

On an acousic, it might work, but I think it would look just awful on a non-arched top acoustic.