ok so i have my very first bass that is on its way here right now. i dont have a bass amp yet, but im borrowing a PA with a traynor 115 cab of my friends to use until i have the money for an amp (he did this same setup and it worked fine). so what im asking is will any of my guitar gear work for this setup. im not asking about my guitar amp i know that will not work. im wondering because i know another friend who uses a guitar multi effect rack system for his bass and it works fine.

so will any of the following work/be ruined be the bass:

digitech rp50 multi effect pedal
dunlop crybaby gcb95
marshall 120 watt 412 cab (i dont think this will work because i think the PA is 300 watts)

i am a complete noob to bass so please dont flame
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria
Rush-Tom Sawyer, Fly By Night, Limelight
Assorted Original Acoustics

PM if interested
teh cab, no. the rest will work, just not as well.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I don't think the Crybaby will, i tried using one for my bass it didn't effect, because it is meant for high frequicies
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
you bass people are friendlier than those crazy pit monkeys. i hope to soon be one of you.

and ya i dont really see any reason to even use the crybaby really. i was mainly wodering about the rp for the delay/reverb and such
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria

PM if interested
They make a bass crybaby, and it sounds really good with a Big Muff. Might be worth checking out.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
Quote by bryan j
and ya i dont really see any reason to even use the crybaby really. i was mainly wodering about the rp for the delay/reverb and such

for delay and reverb, atleast, it should be totally fine.

so effects pedals = they will work, probly will sound a BIT worse

amp = i wouldnt risk it unless you know what youre doing.
ya i have no intention of plugging into my amp, because i saw some kids at school ruin a guitar amp within 10 minutes. its a sure fire way to ruin an amp
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria

PM if interested
Quote by bryan j
you bass people are friendlier than those crazy pit monkeys. i hope to soon be one of you.

its a tight knit family in here. we all get along

it would still work, just not on the lower frequencies. i use a DOD chorus and it adds a nice flavour to the sound when im playing the higher notes
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
They make a bass crybaby, and it sounds really good with a Big Muff. Might be worth checking out.

Yeah, they look really cool, they are about £125 (not sure dollars tho), i read a review about it. The only downfall is tht; 'how often will u use it??'

I might just try a boss auto wah pedal out, but its still the question bout how much use its goin to get.
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
Quote by Beleuchtung

I had always prefered the sound of the guitar crybaby on bass... i don't like the bass one. However, I would love it if it sounded cool with my Muff. Do you have both? Can you get sound clips?

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
^Yeah, it was the retail price in a Total guitar mag lol, they look v.sexy. I might just buy one to piss my guitarist off. he loves wah and stuff, but has no money to pay for stuff.

Yer, thats a thought, does bass stuff work for guitar? i know it would, but up to standard?
Quote by IndianRockStar

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
^Well, it works fine. It just doesn't sound great. My guitarist would plug into my SWR combo for the longest time. He just didn't get very much treble. And the distortion was pretty muddy.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
^I know what u mean, the sound of the guiatr sounds like its thumping (the only thing i could think of), really bassy tone.
Quote by IndianRockStar

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->