What is a good guitar to play punk,metal,classic rock,alternative rock costing 200-400$??
my brother and friend both have them and they are pretty damn good.
Go get your shovel.
the first couple of times you do it you might have trouble but as time goes on and you get used to it its not that hard.
Go get your shovel.
^ Exactly. Plus if you love using your trem, you will gladly spend those extra minutes to set it up
It takes me an average of 20 minute sto change my strings. It's really not a hassle at all anymore.

You could also check out the RG321.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
The HZ's are decent but not as good as the actives. id swap the HZ's for an EMG 81/85 set if i got it. but you might like the passives better.
Go get your shovel.
Ya, I'm also looking for a guitar in that price range. I have a few questions.

A lot of the guitars I've been looking at have "jumbo frets" or "extra jumbo frets". The guitar I play now has medium frets. Wouldn't the bigger frets make your playing slower because of the extra time it takes to move your fingers or is it so small of a difference that I wouldn't even notice really?

Also, I have been looking at the epiphone vintage g-400 ($300) and the epiphone g-400 ($400). Does anyone know of any big differences between the two, anything that would make the regular g-400 cost $100 more?

And, does anyone know how those guitars (^) would compare to a Schecter Omen (6 or 7), or to the Schecter Damian? Those are the guitars I'm looking at right now, so any insight you could give me on them would be great (I'm really interested in the humbuckers, if you know if any on those guitars are real good or real bed please let me know).
-"Son, hurry up, it's almost time to go!"

-"Okay daddy, almost ready."

-"Got your pads son?"

-"Yes dad."

-"Have your helmet?"

-"Yes dad, I do."

-"Good, your bus should be here any minute now..."
i dont know anything about epiphones...but if your looking at a damien theres no point in bothering with an omen...i dont even know why schecter makes them. the damien gives you about 150 bucks worth of upgrades for an extra 50. i just screwed around with my brothers damien FR and i can say the pickups are better than i remember them being. still not as good as active EMGs, but good nonetheless. for 400 dollars that thing is a solid rock machine, and i recommend it if thats what your looking for. and about the fret thing, you wont notice a difference in playing speedwise. if anything it helps as larger frets make it easier to get notes out.
Go get your shovel.
Thanks SynGates . Now I have another question. Now that I'm pretty much just looking at Schecters now, primarily the Damien, do you know anything about how the regular Damien and the Damien FR compare? I was wondering what the extra $50 would get me, and if it was anything important or just some logo on the neck or something like that. I'd like to get the $350 guitar, but if that extra $50 will make so much of a difference then I'd have to go with it.

If you don't know anything about it that's okay, thanks for your help already. I'll probably be going up to Guitar Center to play them soon.

-"Got your pads son?"

-"Yes dad."

-"Have your helmet?"

-"Yes dad, I do."

only difference between the Damnien 6 and the Damien FR is the Floyd. So it basically just comes down to whether or not you want a Floyd Rose.
Go get your shovel.
Okay, thanks for your help! I'll hopefully be ckecking them out soon, so I'll be able to see if I think the Floyd Rose makes that much of a difference. Thanks again.

-"Got your pads son?"

-"Yes dad."

-"Have your helmet?"

-"Yes dad, I do."

Topic Creator, look at these;

Washburn WI64
Washburn X30

Both great, versatile guitars in your price range.

Iron X Maiden, the Epi vintage G-400 and regular G-400 are identical aside from the finish.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Wow, a hundred extra $ for just the finish, that's ridiculous! I actually really like the wood on the vintage one...

-"Got your pads son?"

-"Yes dad."

-"Have your helmet?"

-"Yes dad, I do."

Quote by Iron X Maiden
Wow, a hundred extra $ for just the finish, that's ridiculous! I actually really like the wood on the vintage one...

Same here. I prefer the Vintage brown to the colors of the regular G-400. If I would buy a G-400 I'd go for the vintage. $300 for a nice SG with Grovers that's not in the oh-so-common "emo black" is a steal.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar