Hey, im thinking of getting an american fender soon. A standard, with the SSS configuration and the rosewood fretboard.

Anyways, i was wondering if the trem is removable? I'd really prefer a hard tail, although it will be nice having the option of putting on the trem whenever i feel like it.

Also, do you think such a guitar would suit my music style? I play everything from blues, punk, rock, modern rock, hard rock, classic rock, metal and jazz. The list goes on

Anyway, i don't like the fatness of the sound of my epiphone les paul, usually, though it suits me sometime. I like bands like led zeppelin, guns n roses, nirvana, the pattern, the clash and so forth, but the tone i seek is really closer to the nirvana tone than anything else, so i think single coils would suit me very well.

Thanks for any answers

'preciate it

You can take the bar off and block the trem system with a bit of wood to render the thing inactive, yeah. Clapton does it, among others. It also improves tuning stability.

If you're going for a Nirvana tone then it's worth remembering that when Kurt played Strats he had them in an HSS configuration.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
You can get an MIA Strat with a hardtail bridge.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Like said, consider an HSS american. itll help with the nirvana stuff...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Series-Stratocaster-HSS-Electric-Guitar?sku=515116

http://www.music123.com/Fender-American-Deluxe-Stratocaster-HSS-Locking-Tremolo-Electric-Guitar-i126683.music

http://www.music123.com/Fender-American-Stratocaster-HSS-Electric-Guitar-i110325.music

some guys just love the SSS look, and the SC in the bridge. ive got one of those too.
plus uve got an HH so it might be the way to go.

and u can get one with S-1 switching for additional tones. but unless uve got a versatile amp, u might want a pedal to play heavier stuff.

as for the bridge. just unscrew the bar. american strats stay in tune. u dont have to block it for it to stay in place. itll be fine.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Okay, thanks alot everyone

Yeah, if i want the HSS, i'll just be switching the pickguard to accomodate a humbucker. Coz they have a special offer for one of the SSS strats for only 1,300 dollars right now. Which is really cheap in my country for an american strat
^ I kinda feel sorry for you. American Strats here run at exactly $1000 lol. Jsut like Gibson Les Paul Studios lol. If you buy the SSS Strat, and want a humbucker later, you may have to re-route the bridge to get the bucker to fit.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
^Haha, they're normally twice the price here, 2,000, so 1,300 is really cheap

Anyways, thats okay, my guitar teacher has a lot of experience with that, so he can probably get it done
Quote by onemanarmy9
^ I kinda feel sorry for you. American Strats here run at exactly $1000 lol. Jsut like Gibson Les Paul Studios lol. If you buy the SSS Strat, and want a humbucker later, you may have to re-route the bridge to get the bucker to fit.

not really, most new american strats are routed h/s/h
I think even the mex strats are routed s/s/h, so there should be no problem there. you'd just need a new pickguard.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
yeah a lot of mex are HSH and a lot of american are HSH, but not all. so unless u check under the guard. its a bit of a crap shoot.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011