Ok how exactly do you picnh ****ing harmonics to make that kicks ass metal sound man I just can't figure it out. Any help please?
"The tragic partake of this torment, convincing myself again. This god that I worship, this demon I blame, conspire as one exactly the same it's exactly the same." Lamb of God
lol thanks guys I'll definately look into it. If you have anymore suggestions let me know
"The tragic partake of this torment, convincing myself again. This god that I worship, this demon I blame, conspire as one exactly the same it's exactly the same." Lamb of God
Wait so let me see here, a pinch harmonic is just on an open string?? Im a little confused. Help??
Quote by lambofgod4750
Wait so let me see here, a pinch harmonic is just on an open string?? Im a little confused. Help??

Huh? No. A pinch harmonic can be done anywhere. In fact, you'd think doing one on an open string would be harder than any fretted note. I think whatever you read, you read wrong.
Pinch harmonics can be done anywhere.
natural harmonics are on open strings, pinches are done anywhere on any string. i've noticed that depending on the thickness of the string you have to alter the angle of attack on the "pinch" and pinches can be done on open strings but again require a slight change in the way you hit the pinch to accomplish it.
Quote by z4twenny
natural harmonics are on open strings, pinches are done anywhere on any string. i've noticed that depending on the thickness of the string you have to alter the angle of attack on the "pinch" and pinches can be done on open strings but again require a slight change in the way you hit the pinch to accomplish it.

Plus you can achieve different pinch harmonic pitches by pinches closer to certain pickups. Front pickup, back pickup, and middle pickup (if you have one) all can make different harmonic pitches out of the same note. It's a cool thing to experiment with.
Yeah, especially when executing a pinched harmonic on the Low E, you need to angle your pick at about 45 degrees and it works the best over the neck pickup.
sweet guys I actually think I've got it, it'll take a little bit of practice but I get the concept. Thanks