i need a bridge humbucker for the HSS strat im building, it has a mahogany/maple body with a maple neck, im probably going to get some kind of swinehead but im not sure which one, i want to be able to play hard rock and below mostly, maybe a little bit metal, the clean isnt too important but i want it to be okay but have a good crunch, what do you recommend?

i will probably get it in white or some kind of wood
I have a warthog in the bridge of my guitar and its excellent, almost exactly what you're asking for. With the right amp it'll do metal just fine too.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Well Runaways have awesome crunch, but is more for low- mid gain sounds. The Warthog shoudl fit you niceley.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
What about the Xbucker in the bridge, is it good for metal?
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
I considered wood to match my guitars finish, but went with cream to match the rings and binding instead. I don't think the wood covers will change the tone any, I think they're pretty cool, if durable...

The Xbucker is higher output than the warthog which to me seems the perfect hard/modern rock pickup. It can do metal with the right amp setup. It cleans up really nicely too. If you go for the Xbucker you give up a little on the clean end.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
ya and i still want okay cleans and good crunch, the warthog seems good to me and i will probably go with it unless Dave says something else, lol the wood doesnt affect tone, the magnets and windings do mostly, but im not sure if the wood is worth the extra $27 USD
I'd say warthog.

EDIT: there's a new venom out too, which is kind of in-between the warthog and xbucker, but I'd figure the warthog is still the one you want.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?