Page 1 of 2
alright, ive put a couple of threads up, and ive got the same response, GET A TUBE COMBO! NO! i want a half stack for gigs! I dont want a tube because I have no job or money to buy one and replace the tubes! I need a half stack. Im thinkin about a $199 Berigher V-Tone and the $230 Berigher Cab. Ive read reviews and they all said it was pretty good. I dont need a perfect amp, just one to get me buy until I start getting paid regualry. has anyone had experience with these?
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
Tubes cost **** all and an ss halfstack will sound like ****. You've been told the facts... why aren't you listening??? If you want to blow $429 on **** gear, feel free... just don't expect us to kiss your arse when you do. People on this board have tried to help you buy decent gear that'll last, but you seem to ignorant to listen. There are some awesome second hand TUBE amps in that price range... Behringers are notorious for being bad.

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

well, I need it to be a head for about $300, give me an example
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Fender Tuner
Why not save a little more money by selling your current amp and squire... You'll then end up with an epiphone Les Paul and a decent amp... it doesn't have to be a half stack. Check out a peavey classic 30. It sounds great and will keep up with a solid state half stack. Sorry to flip a minute ago man, it's just that I hate people wasting $400+ and regretting it.I did that with my pod... I could have bought a vox ad30, but I was set on a pod at the time. Took me a year until I could buy a decent amp. Seriously though. look into a classic 30. I don't know how much traynors are, but they rock. Out of the fender amps available, I'd look for a second hand blues deluxe as it's much better than the hotrod... you could always use pedals.

Good luck

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

got a website where I can buy it?
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Fender Tuner
indeed, if you are really bent on buying a ss amp beucase you dont want to maintain the tubes, then get a 2 12 combo or something, dont go for a half stack, its a waste of space, and a waste of wattage.

anyway, tube combos are way gigable. Just give it some height, put it on a box, or stack it on a chair, whatever works, it will sound a lot better than any half stack or combo ss amp anyday in any situation.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Quote by Skraeling86

Quote by Bubban

Ebay a Traynor YCV50 Blue.

They go 630 Brand new some places, finding one for 600 on ebay should be easy. I've seen them go below 500 before.

If you need to go uber metal high gain, grab an od pedal to go with it, but I hear it does metal quite nicely.
well, they were gifts and everything.........plus, altough its not a big name brand, the rouge is not that bad. its got 2 channels, an fx loop, mid,high,bass,reverb,3 volume knobs.........its not that bad. can anyone tell me what I could get for the amp and Strat?
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Fender Tuner
Last edited by synester_gates at Jul 4, 2006,
Quote by synester_gates
alright, ive put a couple of threads up, and ive got the same response, GET A TUBE COMBO! NO! i want a half stack for gigs! I dont want a tube because I have no job or money to buy one and replace the tubes! I need a half stack. Im thinkin about a $199 Berigher V-Tone and the $230 Berigher Cab. Ive read reviews and they all said it was pretty good. I dont need a perfect amp, just one to get me buy until I start getting paid regualry. has anyone had experience with these?

tube combo be louder than SS half stack
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
the VK is awsome but if u want to play heavier stuff then you might need a OD pedal.
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by ssguitar
the VK is awsome but if u want to play heavier stuff then you might need a OD pedal.

agreed.

i'm getting one soon
why are you being so stupid

If you want a SS half stack then by all means go ahead. It is THE most retarded idea i've heard in a long time. i mean a LONG time. (Beringer blows anyway)

you just want it because it looks "cool".....i have a feeling that you arent gigging if you want a ss halfstack
Sorry to HiJack, is the Valve King good for stuff like SRV, Hendrix, Pearl Jam, and GN'R?
what kind of music do you play? because solid state amps have the best clean, though probably not that behringer... but tube amps distort way better
Muddy Waters invented electricity.
Um yeah. To save my time and effort here im not going to say anything that hasnt been said about how bad of an idea the topic is.

enjoy my post.
Quote by theusedsk8er
agreed.

i'm getting one soon

yea someone didnt call me a flippin idiot for once!!! shweeet
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by jimbob78
Tubes cost **** all and an ss halfstack will sound like ****. You've been told the facts... why aren't you listening??? If you want to blow $429 on **** gear, feel free... just don't expect us to kiss your arse when you do. People on this board have tried to help you buy decent gear they'll last, but you seem to ignorant to listen. There are some awesome second hand TUBE amps in that price range... Behringer's are notorious for being bad.

Jimbob78

I have a Behringer KX1200 keyboard / PA amp and its great for its price, its no guitar amp but its been lasting from the pounding of my E-Drums, Guitar, MP3 player, and keyboard.

I will say there is much better out there than a Behringer but from my experience with them you have a 50/50 chance of getting something good

i have the good amp, but i had a mixer from them that was ****

whatever you want, get...but don't complain when the product does not produce the good sounds your after.

my cousin just had his Fender break down once again and its only a few years old so hes getting a new one....something else in fender

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Hot-Rod-Deluxe-Amp?sku=480510

its a bit much but it will last a long time.

I dont have a job currently and have not had one for about 5 months now...yet i built a $2,000 drumset and spent another $500 on guitar add ons we well as add ons for the drums.

sure im low on money but ill get a job and make it all back soon and still have a killer music studio here.
i think he wants it for metalcore and screamo (so fender is probably out)

get a peavy XXX used
I was like the threadstarter. I wanted a SS halfstack, cause it is a half stack. But by listening to everyone here, i decided tube combo will be good for the gigs and practices i do.(gigs are to maybe 50-100 people in a small room.) I play death metal, grindcore, metalcore, ect. What would be the best new/used for that style for 500-600USD?
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
Quote by thegreensquall
what kind of music do you play? because solid state amps have the best clean, though probably not that behringer... but tube amps distort way better

solid state amps have the best cleans? are you on crack?
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Quote by thegreensquall

I don't know, I'll take my AC30 cleans over any solid state amp you can muster up.
The whole "solid states have better cleans" is just a band wagon that people jumped on. Cleans on a solid state sound just as tinny and sterile as the distortion.
Quote by moomoocons
I was like the threadstarter. I wanted a SS halfstack, cause it is a half stack. But by listening to everyone here, i decided tube combo will be good for the gigs and practices i do.(gigs are to maybe 50-100 people in a small room.) I play death metal, grindcore, metalcore, ect. What would be the best new/used for that style for 500-600USD?

Peavey XXX Combo is the only thing I can think of in that category.

Go to a popular music website that stocks a bunch of combo amps, do a search for all tube amps from 500-800(Maybe up to 1K, but that might be stretching it) USD, find some ones that get good reviews for your style, then post back with a listing of them. Wait for a response from some who know their sh.it, and then search ebay for your desired amp. You might be able to find the one you're looking for, who knows?
Quote by moomoocons

You could find a 5150 combo off ebay for that price
Quote by synester_gates
well, I need it to be a head for about $300, give me an example

look on ebay for a b52 at100 all tube head..sure its not the best tube amp..but it sure as hell beats a behringer solid state amp...

i seen em go for about 300..
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by joining_heads
The whole "solid states have better cleans" is just a band wagon that people jumped on. Cleans on a solid state sound just as tinny and sterile as the distortion.

You've obviously never heard a real SS amp then. Go try out a JC-120, and tell me that they are sterile and tinny. There are plenty of tube amps with worse cleans.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Quote by TGM
You've obviously never heard a real SS amp then. Go try out a JC-120, and tell me that they are sterile and tinny. There are plenty of tube amps with worse cleans.

Exactly what i was gonna say that JC120 rapes the AC30 on cleans by far
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Like I care. Tube over SS anyday.

And by the way. I can't see that roland beating out a 65 twin reverb for cleans.
Quote by joining_heads
Like I care. Tube over SS anyday.

And by the way. I can't see that roland beating out a 65 twin reverb for cleans.

Oh you dont do you well it does. LoL

Honestly i Like asll three amps cleans the JC120 and the AC30 and the 65 Reverb but i think the JC120 is by far the best. and i have played a couple of other good clean amps and still prefer the JC120 to everything
^^

uh....i dont think so

better than the '65 cleans??? .....no

better than the AC30? bwahaha

what are you basing this on? cleans? overdrive? overall?
Quote by Syn Harvest
Oh you dont do you well it does. LoL

Honestly i Like asll three amps cleans the JC120 and the AC30 and the 65 Reverb but i think the JC120 is by far the best. and i have played a couple of other good clean amps and still prefer the JC120 to everything

I hope you are not hellbent on a SS.
My distortion is a tube amp i just love the Jc120 for cleans and my comparison of the three are only on the clean channel. I just prefer it to the rest
my fender deville 212 on 6 on the more drive channel would eat a behringer alive for breakfast
Setup:
Ibanez SZ520QM Gold Amber Burst w/ tone zone bridge and Norton Neck
Gibson Faded SG
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Pedals
Maxon OD808 pedal
Boss CE-5
Boss Ph-3
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Holy Grail
Danelectro Danecho
You idiot, just get a valve combo, it'll be loud enough for gigs, and actually sound GOOD
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Page 1 of 2