Ive had speculation that this song is similar to the Pink Floyd song because of the title, and last line of the chorus. While it may be surprising, at the time of writing this song (A week ago) I had never heard Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd. Glad I got that out of the way.

Wish You Were Here

Wake up in the middle of the night
Realize you're nowhere near me
Realize I can't see you from here

Oh, we've been apart too long
Oh, don't think I can take much more

[Chorus]
Oh, and I wish you were here
Wish you were by my side
Wish I could hold your hand
And whisper in your ear
Wish I could see you now
Wish we could be together
And I wish...oh, I wish you were here

Take a run just to get peace of mind
Miles from home now, miles from home
But nothing works, oh, nothing's working

Oh, we've been apart too long
Oh, don't think I can take much more

[Chorus]
Oh, and I wish you were here
Wish you were by my side
Wish I could hold your hand
And whisper in your ear
Wish I could see you now
Wish we could be together
And I wish...oh, I wish you were here
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
i like it of course your right it is very similar so mabey alter a few things

but i like it
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
a bit short and the first line of the chorus could go without the 'and'.

but it was a good song. you got any riffs worked out for it?
^ As of this time, no I dont have any riffs in mind, but I do know that I want it to be done on acoustic guitar, and I do plan on having everything finalized for my girlfriend's birthday (Wanna play a song I wrote about her, for her)
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
^ so true u'r gettin laid, it's a real good song and your gf is gonna be all over u after it trust me. Your crit of my song crush would be appreciated
Quote by HaKattack
aww....

dude, you're getting laid!

That's exactly what I thought when I read it. It really feels sincere, which makes up for the fact that it is 'just another love song.' That is a frickin' awesome song, dude.
title makes me want to puke, other than that...lets talk about lemons. They are good fo various things. Lemonade. Cooking. Throwing at people. Geuss thats about it.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Quote by caz_guitar_dude
Little tip; never use that title.

Agreed. Intentional or not, you just don't take something from a song that well known.
Quote by crazydiamond73
You, my friend, are a genius.
^Agreed. What you do is you take a lot of little things from songs that arn't well known and pass them off as your originals! Haha you can laugh, that was a joke.

Good lovey, lovey song. As long as you don't have a sucky voice chances are she'll love you long time.
Quote by Brokenkingdom
^Agreed. What you do is you take a lot of little things from songs that arn't well known and pass them off as your originals! Haha you can laugh, that was a joke.

Hey, Bob Dylan sometimes does it, so does Leonard Cohen. Taking peices from songs can be used for effect. Listen to Cohen's "Take this Waltz", translated into English almost directly (in parts) from a poem "Little Viennese Waltz". Heard the new Dylan album? Take a look at "The Levee's Gonna Break". You may think at first that he took the first verse of Led Zeppelin, but they in fact ripped it off Memphis Minnie. He uses it for irony's sake, because he knows where it came from. A little theft doesn't hurt anyone, so long as it's done with taste. Heck, Bob wrote a song dedicated to Woody Guthrie that he borrowed in large part from one of Woodie's songs. Woody said he loved it. The Beatles' Come Together, played at original speed, is basically a riff taken from Chuck Berry. Listen to more Beatles, you'll find many an instance of a guitar line or a lyric taken from Buddy Holly, the Everly Brothers, Chuck Berry or Elvis. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Quote by crazydiamond73
You, my friend, are a genius.
Last edited by Voodoo_Chile42 at Sep 17, 2006,
Nice job, Liberation. Great wording, but like you and many others have said already, it does have similarities to Pink Floyd. It flows well and I got into the feel of the lyrics, too. Also as others have said, I'd change the title, you could get sued by whoever holds the rights to Floyd's music (Roger Waters, I think). Keep it up, man!
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton