I know quite a few on this forum have experience with ENGLs, and I have a few questions:

1. The Screamer is basically 1 channel, right? Is it possible than to switch distortion off and have a good clean tone without EQ adjustment?

2. What's the average price for these bad boys on ebay? I saw one for around 800 USD (head), is that pretty good?

3. Would you reccomend combo or head (I'm guessing combo) for small to medium gigs and practice? I could get a combo and than buy an extension cab later right?

4. Finally, how much better is the Savage? I might just save up and get that cause I'm trying to buy so that I won't have to buy again for a long time.
1. 4 channels, only you have a shared EQ for all of them. And that fancy MIDI footswitch to change between them.

3. I'd go with the combo, easier to carry around, and if its some place where you need the fullness of having more than one speaker just bring a cabinet along
So w/ the shared EQ can you still get a pretty good distinction between the channels (ie can you go from clen to heavy distortion without messing with the EQ)? I'm just a little confused because I haven't encountered that in an amp before
800 ?? thats pretty cheap !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
****...I hope nobody snatches that thing up now lol. I'm not even sure if I can swing 800 though. Can anyone answer any of my other questions, mainly Screamer Vs. Savage.