Here's the thing: I want a fretless bass (in addition to other things), but I'm too cheap to buy one. So, I was thinking of buying an Ibanez Artcore or other semihollow bass and defretting it. Would a semihollow fretless work?
if you have enough for an artcore, you can easily buy a fretless....

and also, you could have a 112 string hollowbodied piezo 5 pickup active fretless
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
well take it like you want it:

i played an ibanez ASB today, and i really liked its sound, BUT let it be known that:

A) i have 50% hearing, as i had a nasty spill while tubing (i might have to see a doctor about that, its been 2 days, ffs i hope its not permament...)

B) i dont kno the price. but my estimate is... 500 CDN new??
^ give it a week before you see a doctor. thats usually the longest it'll stay before you can consider it real serious, ie permanent.
Quote by SocKo?
^ give it a week before you see a doctor. thats usually the longest it'll stay before you can consider it real serious, ie permanent.

yeah i know, but me parents are probly free tomorrow and might wanna just take me anyway.
I'm kinda late on this, but I've been out of commission for a while. Look into a Dean Rhapsody hollowbody fretless. They're fairly cheap, and it's exactly what you're looking for. Check them out on musiciansfriend.
I have a Dearmond Starfire bass that I made fretless AND a five string. It sounds pretty good, although I do want to send it into H G Thor Labs and get it done with that epoxy fingerboard finish.
Jaco de Lucia.

The Zen of Duh: How low can you go? Zero Hertz. That's the lowest anyone can go. Just turn off your bass amp and not play.

Q-tuner PUs (0X0 configuration) and HG Thor Labs for the best fretless bass tone. MWAH FACTOR!!!
Quote by IndieMetalhead
if you have enough for an artcore, you can easily buy a fretless....

and also, you could have a 112 string hollowbodied piezo 5 pickup active fretless

Jack up the action, and that, my friend, will sound almost just like an upright.
Quote by mangablade
yeah i know, but me parents are probly free tomorrow and might wanna just take me anyway.

Well, we hope you feel better!!! We should write him a get better card from UG

A semihollow fretless would work, but defretting it is the hard part. I strongly suggest having it professionally defretted. I have seen defrettings gone wrong, and it's not pretty. In fact, a semihollow fretless would actually have a much more natural sound to it.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
A revived thread!!! How are you feeling now? PM me... i think i need to close this

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.