I've been listening to the live versions of Freebird and the electric version of Layla alot lately and I've noticed that druing the slide parts on FreeBird and at the end of Layla that there is this bird chirping sound. I've been wondering how you do this, watching the videos helps in no way because of the stupid camera-men can't keep the camera on the guitars(This is one of my big pet peeves.)! Does anyone know how to do this? Any help is appreciated.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
put your slide above the pickups and pluck
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

It doeasn't sound right, there's gotta be some other trick to it, because it looked like Rossington was using the end of the slide, once again I couldn't tell because of the stupid camera-man.

Quote by JustRooster

Quote by JD2k9
Women make it hard.
im pretty sure the other guy was right, you just slide way up near the pickups and play.
I use my ring for this but I'm sure you could use a slide. What I do is slide the bottom of my ring quickly along one of the higher strings. I usually mute whatever string I'm using just to cut back on extra noise. It also seems to work better for me if I use distortion.
Ok, I finally got it, sounds a little off, but I'll get it. Thanks guys. I'll have to try to ring thing when I get my class ring in a year or so.

Quote by JustRooster

Quote by JD2k9
Women make it hard.
Quote by Just_a_picker
Ok, I finally got it, sounds a little off, but I'll get it. Thanks guys. I'll have to try to ring thing when I get my class ring in a year or so.

Haha yeah I use my class ring for it. I love that thing... it makes me feel like if I punched somebody, it'd do more damage to their face than the actual punch would.
i saw skynyrd live a few days ago and i bet my friend 20 bucks that he could make his guitar sound like a bird chirping

hes a dumbass
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic