ok i got a guitar amp head at a sale today, and i was wondering what can i run it through ie what kinds of speakers can i run it through or can i run it through any kind of speaker as long as it can handle the watts and ohms?
R.I.P Dimebag Darrel 1966-2004

Gear :

Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Frontman 15G
Boss DS-1 Distorion
^what?!

as long as the ohms match up and it can handle the watts your fine. And don't turn on your head without a speaker load attached.
LOL seriously....don't turn it on w/o a cab. That was an ass move but still...haha. Anyway yeah post wat the actual head is. And yes, they have to have matching impedence (ohm's).
Quote by thatgu1targuy
no really it makes the amp sound much better if you warm the head up without speakers on it. especially if its a tube amp

if you did what i was saying you really dont diserve that head

You are a ****ing dick.

He came on here to ask a question and you just took advantage of him and possibly made him waste all his money on that head. What the **** kind of thing is that to do?
Quote by Cadd99
You are a ****ing dick.

He came on here to ask a question and you just took advantage of him and possibly made him waste all his money on that head. What the **** kind of thing is that to do?

Yes, I agree completely. Dude, youre a fucking asshole and you should be banned in like a fu cking heartbeat.
Quote by thatgu1targuy
lol no sense of humor i see

i told him i was joking like a miinute later

Oh. lol.

Because in a minute he definitely won't be able to walk over to his amp and flick a switch and ruin a valuable investment. I see. lol.

I hope you die. lol.

It was actually 13 minutes later. lol.
if he is going to just go do random things without looking it up, hes dumb

im done, this is retarded

EDIT: do you have an "lol" obsession?

ok now im done
Last edited by thatgu1targuy at Jul 4, 2006,
Quote by thatgu1targuy
if he is going to just go do random things without looking it up, hes dumb

im done, this is retarded

It's retarded?

He went on to this forum to get help you ****face = looking it up.
Yeah dude, you just got completely sh i t on
I mean this is a ****ing forum...whatd you think? He wasnt gonna listen?
the whole point of this forum is to discuss opinions and give/receive advice. If he is new to tube amps, thats all the more reason to help him out. Its one thing to just f*ck with somebody online and/or make fun of them, but if you are purposely giving out bad advice that can cause $100's of dollars damage then there is no place for you on this site.
ok since no one else wil answer the question and they just want to say how horrible i am, yes you can run a head on any speakers. just make sure they are the same ohms and your speakers can handle more watts then the head puts out. if you dont beleive me, theres plenty of articles on it
Quote by thatgu1targuy
ok since no one else wil answer the question and they just want to say how horrible i am, yes you can run a head on any speakers. just make sure they are the same ohms and your speakers can handle more watts then the head puts out. if you dont beleive me, theres plenty of articles on it

Better.
Banned the ****hole.

And yes, as long as the wattage and the ohmage stuff works out, you're fine.

I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
well to let u know, i bought a crate gfx1200h head for 45.00 at guitar center, it was a one day only sale and i was wondering what the cheapest way was to get a speaker ie can i run this through a PA speaker? i just want to know so i dont blow anything so any help is appreciated
R.I.P Dimebag Darrel 1966-2004

Gear :

Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Frontman 15G
Boss DS-1 Distorion
Quote by Gutch220
^are you sure thats a tube amp.....I'm pretty sure its solid state

Its SS.
put the line out to the p.a.? no. run the speaker out to the p.a. speaker? yes.

and i think banning him was a little extreme pink. he apologized and no harm was done and it didn't really seem like a big deal to me. no different then some people on these boards suggesting MG's our of malice or to be sarcastic.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Glad you banned the ****... and yes, always make sure the cab can handle the wattage and is the correct impedence.

Good luck mate

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

I vote that was an unfair ban.
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
Quote by BobFromReboot
I vote that was an unfair ban.

Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile