Page 1 of 2
hey i just discovered these guys acouple of days to go
i had heard some of their stuff before but it was always just okay
then i heard diary of jane and it blew my mind
i was just wondering how other people felt about these guys.

and if anyone has info on the new album plz tell
Nice....what a good find huh?
I love breaking benjamin....
you should check out both their other cds if you havent (saturate, we are not alone)...they fricken rule. The new cd comes out August 8.. Cant wait..... i might be seeing them live on august 9 wich would be phenomenal.....
my friend's brother is in a band called varian and they are gonna be opening for breaking benjamin locally. im totally blown away by that too lol they are like my favorite band ever.
Breaking Benjamin is an excellent band. I have both of their studio albums and their EP. I don't think there is a bad song on any of the CD's.
Member #60 of the Alter Bridge Fan club - PM Logz to join!

The Altar Boy of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartBreaker to join.

You never had a mind of your own, never could resist a single pleasure.
Breaking Benjamin is a very impressive band. They have excellent songs and their lead singer has a unique, distinguishable voice. I have both of their CD's and will DEFINITELY be the first one to get their new CD when it comes out in August.
They sound pretty generic to me.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
Does anybody notice how short their songs are becoming now? Compare to Saturate, We Are Not Alone is pretty short. And so is their new single, Dairy of Jane. Kind of bug me a little.

Still, a very tight band.
Just played Medicate and Polyamorous. Very easy to play, but very good, and very fun.
Quote by Mascot
yuR a fAggit
I always have liked them. They have a real distinct sound. Some of their music sounds reqal cool, too. Most notably Breakdown and Blow Me Away. The guitar lines are strong and Ben's vocals are intoxicating.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
Saturate is my favorite album of theirs.
Quote by Rox0r713
I nominate giveitaname87 for UG's "Most likely to be a Serial Killer" award.
Quote by Paroxysm
Does anybody notice how short their songs are becoming now? Compare to Saturate, We Are Not Alone is pretty short. And so is their new single, Dairy of Jane. Kind of bug me a little.

Still, a very tight band.

I know. We Are Not Alone is only 39 minutes compared to Saturate being 49 minutes.
Anybody been downloading their podcasts??? theyre pretty sweet...i love aarons guitar on the 2nd one
OMG i just pulled out the Saturate CD again and i refell in love with it. I forgot how good that Cd was. I'm putting We Are Not Alone on the back burner for now, cuz im getting a little tired of it and rockin out with my **** out to Saturate. I can't wait to get Phobia. I bet it'll be bitchin.
They were my first mosh pit... gotta love 'em
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Quote by ATLBraves2014
Yeah I have and what was Benjamin's orange-brown colored one in the first podcast?

The one i think you are talking about is a PRS (the one hes playing in the last part of the first podcast. On episode 2 i think hes playing a Gibson and Aaron is playing like an Ibanez or something?? Anyone else know?. The songs tuned in Drop A# so they are most likely playing baritone guitars. I wonder why they dropped the tuning so much. Saturate was Drop C# and alot of We Are Not Alone was C or C# i think...
I heard their single So Cold, And I thought it sounded really neat and different, Godd enough to get me to buy the CD, but I thought that the rest of the CD was quite sameish, which is a shame because I thought So Cold was so original, and I think they could've had a better CD if they made more songs like that.
I work at a record store and just found out that they'll be doing an in-store with us on Aug 12th or 13th, signing ****, I guess.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
big fan of anything theyve produced, esp the newest single. going to see their concert in DC on the 28th of this month. its gonna be crazy.
They're kick ass, my favourate band. Can't wait for Phobia.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
DL'ing Phobia right now.

EDIT: Nevermind, some asshole put less than jake tracks with the track names from Phobia.
Last edited by BringtheNoise at Jul 20, 2006,
K, I got Phobia for real, and I like what I'm hearing so far. Only 46.1 minutes long though...
you can get a free MP3 of "Diary of Jane" if you click here, though most of yall probably already have it.
Quote by Merge
Breaking Benjamin is an excellent band. I have both of their studio albums and their EP. I don't think there is a bad song on any of the CD's.

I almost agree completly for you except there is one song by them that I cannot stands, which is Forget It off of We Are Not Alone. Seems too repeatitve and tooo slow.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
I'd sig that, but I don't sig things. Therefore, this entire post was unnecessary.

Slap a n00b
These guys are a pretty good band, but I havent heard there new album Phobia yet. I have their "We are not alone" album if thats what it's called and i really like it.
yeah, phobia is sweet, but it doesnt sound like the old BB to me, i wish they kept to their old sound, but regardless the new cd is sweet
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
Quote by Chevelle454
yeah, phobia is sweet, but it doesnt sound like the old BB to me, i wish they kept to their old sound, but regardless the new cd is sweet

My friend has just recently sent me some tracks off their new album and it sounds softer than they usually are. Their sound has changed some from We Are Not Alone.
ya theyr really good....dont have any of the old stuff but im guna get the new cd...im also seein them in nashville in a month so hopefully theyll be good live
Great band, can't wait to get the new album
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
good god their one of my favorite bands. ben burnley has the most unique voice in the buisness and his lyrics are amazing
Is there really a song called Dance with the Devil? Because everytime i hear that i think immortal technique.
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
Yep, "Dance with the Devil" is one of the new songs.
Member #60 of the Alter Bridge Fan club - PM Logz to join!

The Altar Boy of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartBreaker to join.

You never had a mind of your own, never could resist a single pleasure.
I simply love Phobia, I got it on monday and Had Enough is easily my favourate track, along with Until The End.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Page 1 of 2