Hey, I wrote this song two days ago and I just finished recording it this morning. It was recorded on my cousin's Ovation/Ibanez Talman copy (sounds really good for a $100AUD guitar).

Also it's just a demo version (there's a few mistakes in there), I will do the real recording at my teacher's studio.

It's called 'Ice Tree'

http://tombo32.dmusic.com/

very calm.....very nice tone dude..

great job.

mind if i take the track and give it a little mastering edge?
it just lacks a little air to breathe....
and i'll give it that
Quote by mhail
very calm.....very nice tone dude..

great job.

mind if i take the track and give it a little mastering edge?
it just lacks a little air to breathe....
and i'll give it that

Sure.

And I will post the final versoin when I record it in a couple of weeks.
nice piece, i really liked it (I'm listening to it the second time right, and I'll give it another listen). nice for a relaxed chillout.
what i miss a little bit is a certain sense of direction the melody line should head towards (i can't quite put this in words, maybe add some more harmonic tension) at the end.
the tone is really good, considering you used a 100 AUD guitar (how much is that in USD or ??), the high notes were clipping & buzzing a little bit, I couldn't quite figure out, wether it's the guitar or the recording. if it's the recording try some tweaking with an equalizer.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387319
- When I was your age Pluto was still a Planet. - anonymous
Quote by tulkas_1985
nice piece, i really liked it (I'm listening to it the second time right, and I'll give it another listen). nice for a relaxed chillout.
what i miss a little bit is a certain sense of direction the melody line should head towards (i can't quite put this in words, maybe add some more harmonic tension) at the end.
the tone is really good, considering you used a 100 AUD guitar (how much is that in USD or ??), the high notes were clipping & buzzing a little bit, I couldn't quite figure out, wether it's the guitar or the recording. if it's the recording try some tweaking with an equalizer.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387319

All the EQ and everything will be better when I record in the studio.

And $100 AUD = $74 USD or 58 EUR

I'll crit yours later because I have to go jam with some people in a few minutes.

Here's the guitar I used (its very ugly):

Quote by tombo32

whoever built that deserves to be shot...

but i'm really looking forward to the final version, keep up the good work
- When I was your age Pluto was still a Planet. - anonymous
^haha!!! ya they do.

but its great man! the only suggestion i have it to watch the lead levels when you go into the guitars lower range...you seem too loose volume there.

but other than thats, great,great stuff.

dumb question: you call the song ice tree...but you from australia, do they have ice there???? lolz:p
Quote by mr.Krinkle
^haha!!! ya they do.

but its great man! the only suggestion i have it to watch the lead levels when you go into the guitars lower range...you seem too loose volume there.

but other than thats, great,great stuff.

dumb question: you call the song ice tree...but you from australia, do they have ice there???? lolz:p

Yes, it snows in Australia. Just not where I live. About 1 and a half hours drive away and you might see snow (on a very cold day).

And I named it Ice Tree because:

1) It sounded cool
2) At the time I was thinking to myself "Man would I love to be drinking peach ice-tea right now.". Ice tea sounds like ice tree, so yeah...
Little mixing tip.

Try to keep to keep the intruments out of the same sound spectrum.

Try EQing the rythym and take off a little high end, and maybe some mids.

Then drop a little of the lows on the leads.

Reduce the volume of the entire track to about -0.3

Try recording the rhythm twice, and panning hard left and right, and put lead somewhere in the middle.

Just some stuff to think about.
BOLD.
Quote by maddd0g
Little mixing tip.

Try to keep to keep the intruments out of the same sound spectrum.

Try EQing the rythym and take off a little high end, and maybe some mids.

Then drop a little of the lows on the leads.

Reduce the volume of the entire track to about -0.3

Try recording the rhythm twice, and panning hard left and right, and put lead somewhere in the middle.

Just some stuff to think about.

Thanks for the tips.

And about the EQing, I had more bass on the rhythem (sp?) and on the lead I added more presence and mids.
Quote by tombo32

Yes, it snows in Australia. Just not where I live. About 1 and a half hours drive away and you might see snow (on a very cold day).

And I named it Ice Tree because:

1) It sounded cool
2) At the time I was thinking to myself "Man would I love to be drinking peach ice-tea right now.". Ice tea sounds like ice tree, so yeah...

haha, i told you it was a dumb question...but i was curious

and nice "deep" meaning for the title!!! haha