I've just re-stringed my guitar and the strings don't sound right, they're tuned in but their making a funny noise (I dunno how to describe it), this hasn't happened before and i'm using the same brand of strings. Any tips?
That sound coming from your strings is called music.

But seriously, new strings sound brighter. You may be talking about fret buzz, in which case adjust the bridge.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
its because they arent broken in yet

im sure they sound like theyre not buzzing, but something like that, it'll happen everytime you re-string probly and heres how to fix it

once you re string the guitar, stretch the strings out, like you would if bending a note, just be gentle, once you do this, tune it again, and just keep doing it until it sounds about right, should take a few times
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
its because they arent broken in yet

im sure they sound like theyre not buzzing, but something like that, it'll happen everytime you re-string probly and heres how to fix it

once you re string the guitar, stretch the strings out, like you would if bending a note, just be gentle, once you do this, tune it again, and just keep doing it until it sounds about right, should take a few times

Thanks this helped I sorted it now
Ah, i broke my high e recently while stretching it, and I had no more money, I was heartbroken...

But then I spent 45 minutes trying to put it back on even though it was about 1mm too short. . .. . .

I did get it on, and it's still there. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by hamish5178
Ah, i broke my high e recently while stretching it, and I had no more money, I was heartbroken...

But then I spent 45 minutes trying to put it back on even though it was about 1mm too short. . .. . .

I did get it on, and it's still there. . .

i thought like your string sets are cheap arent there like $5 for a whole set