Before I splurge on the M-400 guitar that sells for over $800 I really need collaborative advise from anyone who has owned any LTD guitar. I know that all the hardware is a necessity for my playing style so if you want to suggest another guitar just make sure it has 24 frets, active pickups and a good tremelo.

Thanks,
BE
Last edited by beyondenraged at Jul 5, 2006,
I've only got an M-50, and I (not to mention everybody else who plays it) love the thing...it's got great feel, action, sound...I'm sure the M-400 has got to be totally AWESOME.
it should be nice, maybe a c1 hellraiser would be good too but i dont see why the ltd wouldnt work.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
ive played them a lot, they sound really good for rythm but i dont like how it solos
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Thanks egz. I was once allowed to jam on a MII (Neck Through) and I immediately fell in love with the action and sound. Since there is no way that I will be able to afford that guitar I need to find the closest thing to it.... I'm hoping that this is it.

BE
Quote by axeslinger01
ive played them a lot, they sound really good for rythm but i dont like how it solos

Was your gripe with the feel... or the sound?
i never skimp on a chance to recommend a Hellraiser, and the C-1 Hellraiser FR sounds up your ally. i suggest trying one out.
Go get your shovel.
the MH-400 isnt $800...thats list price u can get it much cheaper

My LTD Deluxe is very nice, if u want get the MH-1000 Deluxe for about $700-800 if you get discount from your local shop GL
<< ESP LTD Deluxe H-1000 w/EMGs
<< Ibanez RG220b
<< BOSS ME-50 & DS-1
<< Crate MX65R 60 WATTS
<< Ibanez IBZ10G 10 WATTS
<< Dunlop Tortex 88mm
<< KOSS PRO3AA Headphones
it should sell for $600-$650 the Hellraiser FR sells for $799 but uses better mahogany and a real FLoyd Rose, the Ibanez RG1570 has a better Edge Pro trem for $749 but is basswood/bolt on with the thinnest neck of the 3.
i really dont see where neck thickness makes a difference...all that matters is that it has little to no heel...which is not what bolt ons are known for.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by CustomCustom
it should sell for $600-$650 the Hellraiser FR sells for $799 but uses better mahogany and a real FLoyd Rose, the Ibanez RG1570 has a better Edge Pro trem for $749 but is basswood/bolt on with the thinnest neck of the 3.

Whats the difference between the mahogany?
All of the high-end LTDs i've played were very, very awesome. Viper-400: EMG 85/81s, mahogany body I believe, f*ckin A-grade sound, especially for metal. I only own a Viper-50, which I quite like but it has absolutely NOTHING on the high-end models, the low-end stuff is not worth considering with your budget.
Oldest member of the "Guitarists Born in 1991" Club!. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Thanks for all the replies from you fellow guitarists. Actually, I changed my mind and ordered this today. I have to say that the neck-thru-construction and the original Floyd Rose tremelo is well worth the $300.

I'll be back here when it's time to reconsult you all about other gear.

Take care,
BE
nice, that is a very good guitar you got. wanted one myself, just didnt have the dough
Quote by beyondenraged
Thanks for all the replies from you fellow guitarists. Actually, I changed my mind and ordered this today. I have to say that the neck-thru-construction and the original Floyd Rose tremelo is well worth the $300.

I'll be back here when it's time to reconsult you all about other gear.

Take care,
BE

that is the next guitar im gonna buy. my ltd had a ****ty licenced floyd so watch out for the floyd.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Quote by aznrockerdude
Nice choice... but you could've done better if you played metal (EMGs+alder=meh)

Explain your gripe please.... tone? sustain?

BE
i didnt like the soloing sound
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Quote by aznrockerdude
Nice choice... but you could've done better if you played metal (EMGs+alder=meh)

omg how many discussions do we need. emg + alder = solo sounds. plus tone is all personal preference
Quote by YYZ
Whats the difference between the mahogany?

and how could you even know that?
Are you asking me or him? Cause I was wondering how you find that out to.
Quote by YYZ
Are you asking me or him? Cause I was wondering how you find that out to.

different woods give different tones
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
i was asking him because how can you actually tell if its better without going to the manufacturere or something
apparently if you use the tremelo even slightly goes out on tune i myself want m-400 but i was told this what should ithink then againhe plays really death metal asi play meta thrash etc
Quote by xdan666x
apparently if you use the tremelo even slightly goes out on tune i myself want m-400 but i was told this what should ithink then againhe plays really death metal asi play meta thrash etc

Uh...........what?

To the other guy, I know different woods give different tones but they are both Mahagony, how does he know that the Schecter Mahogony is better than the LTD? I'm not calling him a lair i'm just asking HOW he found this out because it could help me out in the future. I enoy learning about these kind of things.
The liscenced floyd on the 400 series really is not that bad. Mine stays in perfect tune. I can do dive bomb after divebomb and it stays where it was.
Yea, I just ordered my MH-400 off music123, i'll get it in about a week. I'll work with the floyd for a bit but if it gives me problems i'm going to put a new one on it.
Quote by CustomCustom

1. ESP
2. Ibanez
3. Schecter

thats my opinion, the edge pro is better than the floyd rose, its a little lower profile and not quite so fragile. The esp(MH-400) has a neck throuhg body active pickups great neck overall kicks ass. The ibanez has a killer shredding neck, bright tone, excellent guitar. The schecter, a little overpriced, same features as the ESP.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I'll tell you guys this.The cort guitars have 3 factorys one in china,indonesia and one more I can't remember,now if I'm correct the Ltds are all chinese or indonesia,so they all come out from the cort factory they only put a different brand on the head,they're all the same for me except if it's american,now when I play all these different brands they're all the same to me,except a gibson les paul that i tried and i really felt the difference! In a few words all the guitars that are under 1000euros are chinese and indonesian,Above 1000euros they are all american.
My pedals:
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah GCB-95
Ibanez Tube Screamer (TS-9)
Digitech Hot Head
MXR Phase 90
Digitech DigiDelay
Quote by Ace Frehley
I'll tell you guys this.The cort guitars have 3 factorys one in china,indonesia and one more I can't remember,now if I'm correct the Ltds are all chinese or indonesia,so they all come out from the cort factory they only put a different brand on the head,they're all the same for me except if it's american,now when I play all these different brands they're all the same to me,except a gibson les paul that i tried and i really felt the difference! In a few words all the guitars that are under 1000euros are chinese and indonesian,Above 1000euros they are all american.

wrong wrong wrong wrong. high end LTD's come out of Korea and the manufacturing standards are bloody high, not only that but they are sent back to the US and inspected by the american factory, fitted with some of their hardware in the american factories and then sent on. It's very very quality controlled. Last time i checked my LTD has a lifetime warranty!

Also a lot of guitars under 1000 euro's are made in Japan and America, just look around. In fact you can even get gibsons under 1000 euros!
Quote by Ace Frehley

wtf....haha this guy....

well there pretty mcuch the same in quality there just cheaper becuase source wood/ and the workerd pay......out sourcing...
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
My bad! Well that's what they told me in a music shop.It's ok guys peace!
My pedals:
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah GCB-95
Ibanez Tube Screamer (TS-9)
Digitech Hot Head
MXR Phase 90
Digitech DigiDelay