why didnt you buy the hellraiser instead? the c1 looks awesome but you just bought 2 seymour duncan jazz pickups and you dont have a whammy, the hellraiser would've looked cool and got you 2 emgs and a floyd rose. anyway go with the emg 81 or get a seymour duncan distortion if you wanna keep the brand the same. duncans are more versatile too
Last edited by Necronomicon at Jul 5, 2006,
um you can ge tthe seymour duncans.. there good

or the emgs are good as well,

look at those two
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
and u cant toss one emg in without mods. ud want to swap both pups to active.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
well yeah phil. i was saying if he wanted an emg he would need two. obviously if could keep them both passive thats fine too.

sometimes i wonder if u just post to post.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

whats all this chat about Jazz pickups in guitars
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
oh ok

gotcha

silly SD
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by jj1565
well yeah phil. i was saying if he wanted an emg he would need two. obviously if could keep them both passive thats fine too.

sometimes i wonder if u just post to post.

sometimes i wonder whether your an actual chick or a guy posing as a chick
haha! well i dont get accused of gender switching too often.
but nah it would have been too hard to get a my voice so high on my dmusic clips.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

^OMG> the many revelations of phil. i often wonder this as well.

dimarzio PAF pro
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
i have a high sorta voice i guess...
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
spammers:P

im looking at the emg 81

but i dont know what id have to change in my guitar to use it

umm if i would have to get too i would go with the 81 & 85

but i dont really want to do that

so can i got with a seymour duncan without having to do any altering

(i know nothing about pickups)
yeh, with emgs you have to change you input jack and probably other stuff. though seymour duncans or any other passive pickups for that matter just require a bit of unsoldering and a bit more soldering
u just have to fit the batterery in the pup cavity.
its not tough if u go for both emgs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Well say away from the 85. The 85 is laaammmee. Either get a 60 in the neck or another 81

Also how can you hate the SD Jazz it's great. It's one of the only humbuckers that gives a clean tone comparable to single coils.

Then again since you play crappy nu metal I'm not surprised you couldn't recognize good tone.
Last edited by Ihearthetfield at Jul 5, 2006,
My bad I meant 85 not 81.

I think the 81 and 60 are the best EMG pickups. The 85 is really stale and toneless.
yeah any passive. dimarzio are good too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Yeah if you stick with passives you wont have to mod anything.

If you really want EMG esque crunchy tone.. check out the sd invader. It's pretty insane.

The Dim X2n is insane too. I like the Invader though. The X2n is imo too much. You can't even get a clean tone out of it.
syn from a7x uses the invader and he has an awesome tone but its a combination of a lot of things, the thing about the invader is its gonna look kinda wierd unless you change the other pickup cuz the invader cant be covered and its got wierd things on top. sounds good though.
stop suggesting invaders cuz synyster uses them...you wont sound like him, regardless of the fact that you use invaders. i like invaders myself but i get tired of people suggesting them cuz synyster uses them. you need an uberschall combined with invaders to get his tone. annnnnyyy way.. invaders are good IMO as are EMG's..but why did you get a classic if you were gonna change the pickups for metal stuff... thats what the hellraiser is for
Go get your shovel.
No just get the Seymour duncan regulars
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by TrigFunction
Well i bought the classic cause i love everything about it BUT that pickup... i never use it no matter what i play whether im playing blues or rock. Why not change it?

well thats pretty normal i mean look at the Ibanez RG1570 Prestige