Right, I've got problems with my sliding. I've got no problem just you know, occasionally sliding into a note, but for things like "single string slide melodies" or (especially) sliding powerchords (master of puppets), I always seem to land in the wrong spot. How can I work on this? I've had this problem right from the beginning of my playing, and it's never gotten any better no matter how much I've just practiced it.

Any suggestions?
Keep the hand shape, and look where you're sliding to. Keep the pressure on the strings constant. Just practice practice practice. Try it 20 times, then try a different slide again for 20 times.
Just practice slower and try to keep your hand shape the same. When you move your hand try not to keep your thumb glued to the neck. Keep your thumb aligned with your middle finger.
Quote by tryhardslash
and plus you like blink 182 which prooves you are dumb and have no taste in music

you just follow trends

What a tard...
Look at where you're sliding to, rather than watching your finger.

Having said that, practice a bit, watching your hand to make sure your hand shape isn't changing as you slide.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Even when I do it slower, my fingers kind of mush together when I slide up. I think I'm too fat :/
I used to have the exacty same problem.

You may be pushing too hard, or you may just need pratice keeping your hand in the same position.

But keep trying, it WILL get better.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by Guitar_Guy00001
practice.

duh

theres no way to make your hand stop at a certain fret except by practice.