whats the hottest (good for metal) non active non dimebucker pick up you can buy?
single or humbucker? or both
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
could someone translate that last post for me please?
get a dimarzio X2N pickup or if you don't ant that gae a duncan distortion pickup
When it's cold, and when it's dark..The freezing moon will obsess you.
wow but is it like anoying to buy tose cuz thier private companies
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
Quote by OrderedChaos
I think dimarzio evos, bill lawrences, duncan destroyers

evos are high output?

EDIT: i love steve Vai i just never thought of his pick ups realy being high out put
Quote by fil69
Hu r emos???

Quote by .Sidewinder.
I think X2N's are the hottest. They have output of 510 mV, which I think is more than the Invader or Dimebucker. And that's hot for a passive one.

Frankly, although they're the hottest, they're not the best sounding. Invaders sound so much better.

But if you want REALLY hot, EMG 81 is the only way to go. Their output level is about 1025 mV.
how many mV is a Duncan SH4 ?

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
Duncan invaders and Dimarzio x2ns are good

I prefer the invader because the x2n is just too much. It's even more than an 81.
Quote by OrderedChaos
Thats what I thought, not 100% tho

evos are high output. i plug my guitar into a marshall and it overdrives and gets feedback real easily.

and i have to agree with the above. the hottest passive pickup i can think of is the x2n. it's insanely hot considering there's not 9v attached to it. i kinda think it's also a bit harsh on the highs though. if you put it in a baritone like my friend did then it's not so bad.

The original evo pickups are very high output. The new Evo 2 pickups arent near as high output.
EMG 81. The motherbucker does win though, it distorts on just about anything Ive heard.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
dimarzio super distortions (not super high-output, but they sound amazing)
bill lawerence xl-500 (again, doesn't have the highest-output, but it has a nice sound)
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
I have a Dimarzio super distortion. Not that good on a basswood. Too bassy, ok mids and very less treble. Ouput is allright.

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

why NO ACTIVE???

My Gear:
Epihone Gothic X-plorer+EMGS 81/60
Jackson WARRIOR JS30+EMGS 81/60(soon will be installed)
Randall G2 series RG75 75watt
Behringer X V-Amp
bare knuckle makes some of the best high gain pups. warpig, mm, and nailbomb are the big 3, along with the trilogy suite and sinner (single coils). all are surprisingly versatile, and the humbuckers have killer distortion as well as cleans.
^ Man, those are expensive! I forget the exchange rate but that warpig set costs over $220! I could get a good set of Active EMG's, put them on my Mahagony body gtr and still have tons of money to spare for all the 9v battries those EMG's are gonna eat up ! Sorry, those are not for the average guitarist on a budget !

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus