I currently have a Squier Strat, and looking for an upgrade.

The genre of music I mostly play is Metal.
I play anything from Death - Children of Bodom.

I am looking for a good metal guitar with a solid FR, 24 fret, Not an Ibanez (Father will not let me buy, thinks they are a piece of ****, dont ask)

My Current amp is a Fender FM65R

I have been looking at some jacksons and a few caught my eye, like the Randy Rhoads series V's, the DXMG, and the Soloist. Please give me some insight. are these guitars any good? If not please give suggestions. My price range is around $800 Canadian.
Last edited by Guitarislife125 at Jul 5, 2006,
800 canadian ?? i have a REALLY nice jack dkmg.. got it on ebay for like 520 total canadian.. I would put new EMG's on it because the EMG hz's that come with ti aint the best. They are good, better then most of your friends pick ups.. but not acording to UG.

Ill sell it to ya haha.
the new jackson dxmg's are so great. its really like out of this world IMO, you might wanna look into some ESP's too..the MH series is nice with 24 frets and an FR, set neck...etc...all the goodies.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by Guitarislife125
So a DXMG would be a wise investment. And would it need a pup swap or....?

if you have money left over. yes i would swap them.

well i like the EMG hz's.. good enough for me. Maybe when i get my 81 and 85 ill be saying something else
Beath the **** out of your mentally challenged father and then get an Ibanez.
Originally posted by priest.fan.
yeah, I suffered deep emotional scars when I learned that easter was in fact about jesus, and not a giant bunny sneaking into peoples houses uninvited
Look into some ESP's. Great guitars.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
well look at schecter..hellraisers?

B.C. Rich the new rich's are pretty damn good.....

LTDs MH..ummm that one H (or M i cant rember) 1000..it has everything you could ever want in a metal guitar..it not the best looking guitar..its pretty plain...but its ****ing loaded (the alexi sig..is ****ing killer too....)

some jacksons are good..but they almost always need a pup swap (check out the RR series..there alexis old guitars...there effing great...super fast and light)
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Last edited by numbfinger at Jul 5, 2006,
^^DXMG comes with EMG-Hz, but every other guitar in MG series comes with active EMGs.
i'd recommend you a jackson, they also have very good built quality cause they're made in japan. just go to a store and try out a few guitars and see what you like best. i personally prefer jackson feel but many people like ibanez guitars more...
Quote by 666_Belial
^^DXMG comes with EMG-Hz, but every other guitar in MG series comes with active EMGs.
i'd recommend you a jackson, they also have very good built quality cause they're made in japan. just go to a store and try out a few guitars and see what you like best. i personally prefer jackson feel but many people like ibanez guitars more...

I was reading up on that, and I heard the 2006s have EMG actives and the older versions of the DXMG have EMGhz