So I've decided on getting one of these two guitars: the Ibanez RG 1570 or the RG 2550... The 2550 is about 100$ more expensive, and has IBZ DiMarzio pups on it.. (Also, IMO, it looks wayyyy better, with the metallic pickguard and the black finish...)
so what should it be? is it worth it spending that extra money for the IBZ DiMarzio pickups, or will they have to be replaced too? If i buy the 1570, I was thinking of putting in the PAF FRED and maybe the PAF Joe. I've also heard a lot about Evolutions, though I've never played them...
what do you guys think? Should I stick with the IBZ Dimarzio pups on the 2550, and if not, which ones are the best bet to change to?
all depends, you might find the evos too bright but you might like them, also depends what amp you have and what styles you play etc...
well, I play a lot of lead like Satriani and Vai, and I use a Boss GT8 processor, so for now, the amp I use takes a back seat, as I just have a practice amp permanently on the 'clean' setting... I also play a lot of other stuff like Rage Against the Machine, SOAD, some alternative, etc.. and yeah, apart from the solid, satriani-esque lead tone, I also have a tonal craving for the powerful Tom Morello tone, as well as a well filled-in clean tone.. all said and done, versatility is pretty important to me...
what I basically want to know is, will the IBZ DiMarzio pups will cut it for me, or will i have to make a change once I've already paid a premium for those pickups?
Last edited by burnout_one at Jul 5, 2006,
you will probably be content with them for a littlw while but obvoiusly as you get a new amp, you will probably want 2 change them
i think IBZ dimarzios are just stock pickups.
ur going to want to upgrade them.

are the bridges and bodies the same? thats more important anyway.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yep bar the pickguard

then i doubt its with the $100 upgrade. use that for better pups.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011