I bought a used guitar from a guy who advertised it came with a case. The guitar was in absolute perfect condition, but the case predated the guitar by at least a decade. He said because of the guitar\'s shape he had a lot of trouble finding a case for it, and the guitar didn\'t come with a case when he bought it new. It is sort of like a strat but the body is larger, and wider, slightly wider than a les paul and about as heavy, can\'t use an LP case because of the horns.

The case is good enough on the interior, but the outside is absolutely wrecked, the black coating has torn off in places to expose plywood. I figured I would just cover it up with a poster or something. I found a store that sells frabric posters, I was thinking of a zeppelin or RATM one, they are only $20 and one would cover the case completely. I was just wondering how I should go about covering the case with it, I thought I would unscrew the brass pieces that connect both sides of the case, cut the poster in half and then attach it to the material that connects both halves of the case, then both parts over the front and back faces of the case. I was just wondering if there are any tips or materials I should use, I will probably just use glue and then reattach all the brass pieces (that connect both halves and that lock the guitar on the other side) and screw them in over the poster. Has anyone ever done this or has any ideas on how I should go about doing this? thanks
http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN0029881000

depending on the brand, and measurements, i might pick up a tolex, or vinyl amp cover.

then to get it to fit i would use an exacto knife to cut it to the shape of the top and use a rubber cement brush on glue to apply.

i just picked the first cover that came up, but u can google tolex, and vinyl covers until u found a good brand and fit for urs.
most have dimentions.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i love stewmac phil.

one time they sent me a part and the UPS guy left the small box at the driveway door.

well, the box got run over and without even an explanation needed, they shipped out a second box, took my word for it that the old one was smashed, told me to throw it out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011